Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My car did not come with a trunk light. I had installed a battery motion sensor but it wasted to much batteries. I would like place a led light to connect directly to the trunk wiring. First, I am very puzzled if the car come with an option to add a trunk light. If it does I am curious where it is placed since I do not see anything on the trunk where it would go. Second if did not come with an option to add a trunk light what the wires I can use to put power an after market light. Somebody told me look for a wire that have power when the key is in the car. At that time it I thought it made sense, but then later at end of the day I thought what I do want the key be in the car for it to work. I want it work when the trunk is open whether the key is on or not. Something like the dome light that lights up when the doors are opened. Is there a wire on the trunk that carries voltage all the time ? I already have the light a switch that turn it on when the trunk is opened all need to find a wire that has voltage all the time.

Thank you

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,880 Posts
I've attached a picture of the body wiring diagram for a Versa. The wiring may be the same or similar to your actual wiring. Look for the trunk room lamp pin #1 which should have 12v all the time; you can tap from that one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked the diagram but I do not see a trunk light on the car. I found the following connections the License plate connector. This one only only two wire. I don't think one has a live wire. The Left hand side of the trunk has 5 wires and the Right hand about 10 wires. The colors of the wires do not match to the diagram because they use a white strip on the wires. I asked a friend who used to work at local Nissan dealer he said that the Versa did not have a factory trunk light blub, however if that is the case why do they sell the light blub unless it applies only the hatchback (mine is sedan)? He recommended to tap into the dome light. I think this will probably be a last resort if trunk wires do not carry a live voltage ? Any ideas or suggestions ?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts