Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 92 nissan nx 2000 with a sr20de engine in it ... when i drive i get to an rpm then the car starts to stuter or almost stall its self , has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it or what it is for sure i have checked the air flow senser , changed batt , new air filter , new spark plugs/ wires ,new coil wire, new fuel pump / lines and still it is doing it ... my tech cleaned out all the air flow sensers and shit it got alittle better but still doing it can someone help me .

·
Destroyer of worlds.
874 Posts
maybe your computer is messed up...i dont know how to fix it, but i've heard of a botched computer causing strange problems.

·
Because Size Matters
1,260 Posts
I was thinking along the lines of Alternator or MAF. Even though you say the MAF tested ok have you tried using someone elses MAF (if you know anyone in the area with an SR20) or tested the voltage and/or Amperage coming from your Alternator? Sometimes a bad or going bad Alt. can do some funny and messed up things. You don't have and oiled air filter do you? Sometimes those can throw your MAF into doing retarded things.

An ECU is always a possibility, though a shitty one. Anythings possible.

·
Super-Mod with a 240
2,375 Posts
^^ What he said about the MAF. It could also be a bad distributor too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts