Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It started off innocent but now that I look at it it might have been a setup?

jenjen asked a question then this guy (Touring0350Z) helped but flamed at the same time. I let it go but now it got out of hand and I closed the thread because did not want to make a decision baised on emotions and why I will leave leave it up to you guys to ban them or not. Also he brought in his buddy Andrew91GT.

http://www.nissanforums.com/showthread.php?p=816404#post816404

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
At the very least they did a good job of baiting [email protected] When I logged on a few minutes ago and saw nearly 300 users online my first assumption was someone posted a link to us on another forum. That's nearly double the number of users we normally have this time of day.

The way I've handled these type of situations in the past is to quickly shut them down. The initial thread is now closed, so if this continues I would start deleting posts & banning users. I'd recommend one of the Z forum mods also post a warning. It was because of these type of problems "Nissan vs. All" was deleted.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scott said:
At the very least they did a good job of baiting [email protected] When I logged on a few minutes ago and saw nearly 300 users online my first assumption was someone posted a link to us on another forum. That's nearly double the number of users we normally have this time of day.

The way I've handled these type of situations in the past is to quickly shut them down. The initial thread is now closed, so if this continues I would start deleting posts & banning users. I'd recommend one of the Z forum mods also post a warning. It was because of these type of problems "Nissan vs. All" was deleted.
Thank you for you insight I will use it in the future.

I was thinking of deleting the whole post because I'm unsure if jenjen started the thread as a troll because Touring0350Z seems to know her. What do you think?

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
It probably isn't necessary to delete the entire thread. I'd just suggest watching everyone closely, which is what it looks like you're doing already. :)

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott said:
It probably isn't necessary to delete the entire thread. I'd just suggest watching everyone closely, which is what it looks like you're doing already. :)
Thanks for your advise, it's working. :)

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
Now one of these meatheads is threatening us:

Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:05:12 -0600
Reply-To: Rob Belluomini <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: re: ??????

I decided to register on your site due to serious mis information be
passed on by your board members.

On top of that a friend had registered to get some helpful info from
other board members to find out about mods for the 350z. She got
idiotic answers like you screwed up and bought the wrong car blah blah
blah. So I chimed in to explain that their choice was wrong too as
they so eliquently did to her. It turned into a battle and I was
banned cause you have moderators on a power trip. If this is how your
site works I will be glad to flame this across the net so you guys can
be shown for a pathetic site you are. I have a site that I own that
has extreme viewing and belong to the largest racing boards on the
net. I feel this turned into a mod on a power trip that got in over
their head.

Feel free to let me know how you're going to handle this so I can act
accordingly.

Sincerely,
Rob B.
I give this exactly the type of responsive it deserves. None.

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scott said:
[email protected]'s latest case of PMS, this, and the dozens of idiots who e-mail me every week, I'm starting to get seriously burned out with this place.
Try and relaxe it's just words. As for [email protected], we have been PMing each other and we have been talking about how to approach people who get under our skins and shooting the shits. I think it's working because he has not been flying off the bat as he was in December. It will take time but he will come around. ;)

That pic of the girl is pretty nice!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts