Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he he he holy cow it's fun :) This little engine really can get up and move..

Sorry had to share ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've thought about doing it because of the hp value per dollar. Are you using the computer controlled one or just the regular oldschool?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's the computer controlled, So far I like it a lot, I'm going to do more playing with it tomorrow though, Getting up the nerve to try it for the first time wore me out tonight ;)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah I bet you were worried that you were going to blow shit up. But those computer controlled NOS kits are good because if you run to lean then they automatically cut the nitrous off.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how much was the whole kit? and whatever else you had to buy?

·
Registered
87 Posts
hhhmmm glad to see someone actually got the zex kit i got and it works fine...i got the zex kit wit a 65 shot but have yet to use it...wasnt sure if it would take it or not...installation aint that hard....

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love it, installation was cake.

I would start with the 55 shot on a 1.6. I have heard, that's as high as our stock fuel system can handle. Definately a rush at 55 though :)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wouldn't doubt that.. I'm happy with 55 for now though :) I can FINALLY beat my installers Civic..

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Is your engine stock?

·
Banned
809 Posts
new question for you.. how did you use it? is it auto timed at like.. 5500 kick in, or do you press a button and wait 3 seconds.. how do you use nos? i never was explained..

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Niss200SXGTR, youre kidding? Youve never seen Fast and the Furious? You press the button at a certain point, and then it sprays, I think max like 5 seconds?

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Niss200SXGTR said:
new question for you.. how did you use it? is it auto timed at like.. 5500 kick in, or do you press a button and wait 3 seconds.. how do you use nos? i never was explained..
The ZEX system works off your Throttle Position Sensor, so when the system is armed (switch in cab) as soon as you go full throttle the nos solenoid opens up.

Most other systems except JWT and Venom I believe, use a throttle mounted micro-switch, which is an actual mechanical switch that your throttle hits to activate the system. If you wanted a "F&F" style "go fast button" on your steering wheel, it could be custom made, but I think that is very dangerous, and no system on the market comes equipted like that.

Hope this helps :)

·
Flux Capacitor is the key
573 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm...I don't think it exactly works like that. I don't know about Zex nitrous but the nitrous for the company NOS
works when your throttle is wide open(WOT) and the "GO" button is pushed.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
And the "go" button is mounted behind your gas pedal. ;)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts