Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i just put the hotshot header on my car a few days ago. Runs great but a few days later i got the dreaded "service engine soon" light on. Now i know why it is doing this. What i would like to know is there anything out there that can trick my ECU into beliving that the o2 is actually reading the exhaust after the cat?. Is it just wiring? or an actual different o2 sensor? I do not want to have a damn o2 bung welded after the cat. SO PLEASE let me know if there is something out there or how i can fix this problem!!

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
best bet is to relocate it past the cat. most of the o2 sims I've seen people use end up not working.

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
people use electrical resistors

·
8,328 Posts
and like I said, simulators don't fool the b15 ECU.

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts

·
8,328 Posts
most people who've tried them from b15sentra on all models have had them fail after a few weeks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok.. well i guess im gonna have to do the weld then :( thanks for the help. Anyways what type of bolt/plug can i use for the old 02 bung?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Try the "Ghetto Sim" mod, take a look at the above vboard link. From doing research I've seen it to have the best results. I have not read of anyone having problems after installing it, even on 04's. for 10 bucks its worth a try. Anyone know of anybody who is using this and still throws a cell?

·
PB JELLY TIME!
1,484 Posts
Vspec04 said:
Try the "Ghetto Sim" mod, take a look at the above vboard link. From doing research I've seen it to have the best results. I have not read of anyone having problems after installing it, even on 04's. for 10 bucks its worth a try. Anyone know of anybody who is using this and still throws a cell?
He doesnt have anyhing to put the ghetto sim into though. He needs to have the bung welded onto the pipe, and then is able to put in the ghetto mod and then the sensor. He didnt want to have to weld anything on to begin with...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts