Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vanilla Ice all the way baby!
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if this is just a straight bolt on application or if welding is needed? mine is crack, and we have a new one we jsut are trying to figure out if we need to have it installed or if i can do it in class (auto tech), i can't weld so if its a bolt on then i can do it, but id if its a bolt on or weld job, ne1 else have to do this? input greatly appreciated

·
Z31 know-it-all
1,023 Posts
Well, if you have a new one, just look at the new one and see if it needs anything. Since your description sucks without you knowing what you are talking about or pointing to a diagram of the piece in question, you're not going to get much help unless it's from a psychic. AFAIK, there isn't a single piece of the car apart from the body that is welded onto the car. So most likely you just have a few bolts to worry about.

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
AZ-ZBum said:
Well, if you have a new one, just look at the new one and see if it needs anything. Since your description sucks without you knowing what you are talking about or pointing to a diagram of the piece in question, you're not going to get much help unless it's from a psychic. AFAIK, there isn't a single piece of the car apart from the body that is welded onto the car. So most likely you just have a few bolts to worry about.
ok thanks, sry bout lack of description MOD DELETE

·
ZPOOLNZ
1,609 Posts
SanMarcosZfreak said:
ok thanks, sry bout lack of description MOD DELETE
Why? The only reason we deleted your old posts was because you had the same topic in two threads.

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
JAMESZ said:
From previous posts I highly doubt you will.
well i'll try, i jsut don't see what the point of asking people for help is when all i get is fucking ragged on for not knowing alot bout cars, i mean a few people have been nice but others are jsut assholes bout stuff, sry for being a newb, i've never worked on a car before, i've wanted to but never had a chance so plz excuse my lack of knowledge, i ask questions cuz i don't wanna fuck something up, i luv my z and now that my dad has finally given it to me, i don't wanna ruin it

·
Z31 know-it-all
1,023 Posts
Go take a look at your car before you ask questions and you'll be able to ask smarter questions. But a Haynes manual. There are many step by step instructions with pictures and diagrams. No one is ripping on you for not knowing anything about cars. You're being ripped on for not even looking at your car first. Chances are, if you had actually looked, you wouldn't have even asked. Message boards are for people who need help because they are stuck. Not for people who want help because they're lazy.

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
AZ-ZBum said:
Go take a look at your car before you ask questions and you'll be able to ask smarter questions. But a Haynes manual. There are many step by step instructions with pictures and diagrams. No one is ripping on you for not knowing anything about cars. You're being ripped on for not even looking at your car first. Chances are, if you had actually looked, you wouldn't have even asked. Message boards are for people who need help because they are stuck. Not for people who want help because they're lazy.
i have a haynes manual, and sry if i'm methodical bout things, im a perfectionist, and i haven't looked at the tranny mount thing yet because my dad jsut told me (today) that i need to find out if i can put it on during my auto tech class, hes ordering it soon, and if i had the tools to lift the car i would look at it, but we don't, yes we have the jack, but we don't have ne stands or ramps

·
Z31 know-it-all
1,023 Posts
Well, there may be other unforseeable problems that won't allow you to complete the task in a timely fashion. But if you look at the car first to see what it is you need, you might be able to see something that will hinder your task. Again, another reason to GO LOOK AT YOUR CAR.

·
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
AZ-ZBum said:
Well, there may be other unforseeable problems that won't allow you to complete the task in a timely fashion. But if you look at the car first to see what it is you need, you might be able to see something that will hinder your task. Again, another reason to GO LOOK AT YOUR CAR.
and i will when i get the chance but thats not until hopefully saturday, but i wanted to get input from u guys to also aid me, cuz i figured u guys would know stuff that i don't, and would be willing to share that info, like wat i need to look for as far as things that might hinder the install, i don't know how the underbody is setup, thats why i'm taking the classes that i'm taking, i'm trying to learn and i was hoping u guys could help me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts