Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've talked to a few people and some say use Pulsar 5 speed transmission for a CA18DET swap, while others say Stanza 5 speed. Which one would be best for this?

·
Registered
292 Posts
why not just get the tranny for a ca18det when you order the engine... you can use a 5 speed tranny from a pulsar if its a pulsar with the ca18de in it.... I dont know about the stanza i would try and order the tranny with the engine ..

·
Still moderating..sorta
1,324 Posts
Um...the Stanza has the KA24DE engine. I really doubt it's the same tranny as in the Pulsar. Just get the tranny that comes with the CA18DET engine

·
CA18DET Wizard
1,366 Posts
The only way you're going to get a FWD CA18DET is if you get the 87-88 model that has the intake that crosses the valve cover. The 89-91 models (to my knowledge) all have 4wd trannies. You cannot use the AWD tranny's flywheel with the U.S. spec tranny or at least I wouldn't try. The 1986-89 stanzas tranny would work:D Good Luck!!!!!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What type

I called about a transmission the other day, and they asked for either hydrolic or cable. Which one will work best on the CA18DET.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts