Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, many of yall might think I'm nuts, but I'm moving to DC this fall...I am thinking of converting my 92 XE to an automatic. (I hate to even think about this, but then there will be the consistent pain the
foot.) Has anyone done this, or perhaps performed the reverse? In the end, I may just suck it up and drive stick. Just curious to see what yall think.​

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I know. Considering all the relays and switches that would have to be changed, it isn't worth it. I'll just suck it up and get huge left calf muscles.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Here's another option, purchase my car. I'm selling my car, it has a new atk remanufactured engine (25K) and transmission (12K). The transmission is an Aamco transmission with a 2,500 rpm stall (2,700 on cold days). Engine has another 4 yrs warranty and the transmission has a warranty till october.

Please visit my website or email me if you are interested. I'm asking $3,700 for the car, and $5,500 fully moded (from tinted windows, alarm, bendix front brake pads =new=, raybestos rear drum shoes, upgraded 2.5 lock-to-lock ratio rack&pinion ==new, going in on monday and tighter than a corvette ratio==, DG-Racing front skirt, to Suspension Techniques anti-sway bars, nology wire amplifier, NGK plugs and wires, neons, front and rear strut tower braces, 15" enkei wheels, kumho tires, sportline springs, kyb GR-2 struts, awesome stereo, dynomat'd trunk, yellow top optima battery, Custom cold air intake, 2,500 rpm stall converter, transmission cooler, highflow cat & 2" mandrel exhaust, and more!). If you want it fully moded, ya better tell me soon, cause it's starting to get gutted back to factory specs.

I'm willing to drive it half way, depends how far you are from DFW, TX. Also, it has A/C but needs a new compressor (junk yard $100), and the passenger door needs to be fixed, other than that it's a good car (handles great and has some power to back it up). I'm needing to sell it and the parts before the end of august to get some money to pay off the loans for the new engine and stuff and to start fresh for college.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very, very tempting DHO. A nice car too, if I might add. However, I'll be keeping my car as I am hell bent on getting it to 200,000 miles and then successfully competing in an SCCA course. Thanks for the offer. Keep me posted if you are going to advertise parts on NPM; I may be interested in those applicable to the 5 speed.

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
entropy said:
very, very tempting DHO. A nice car too, if I might add. However, I'll be keeping my car as I am hell bent on getting it to 200,000 miles and then successfully competing in an SCCA course. Thanks for the offer. Keep me posted if you are going to advertise parts on NPM; I may be interested in those applicable to the 5 speed.
Thanks for the compliment! I've tried hard to keep that thing looking good. I am parting out the car besides the factory stuff (gotta sell the car stock). I am selling anything that I have on http://1minute.com/dan/mods1.htm that have used prices. Email me [email protected] if you are interested in anything.

I have about 5 people that bidded on the sportline springs ($150), 2 people for the hypercoils ($289 thru HPO), 2 people for the CAI ($180), 1 person for one part of the complete welded exhaust system (just the mandrel pipin, $125 but costs me to weld it apart).

Basically everything that I have on my car will fit on the 5 spd. The exhaust, intake, sway bars, strut tower braces, wheels, stereo, etc. (Gotta sell quick quick, this next week is the bring the quotes week.. after that it's take the stuff off week and ship em out!) I have to have my car sold and parts sold before August 16th. All offers have to go through email so I can keep track of everything. My email is [email protected] and most of these mods are less than a year old. The suspension techniques anti-sway bars still have the stickers from May. The exhaust was done in March or april, the intake was done this last month...

I really need to sell the Complete exhaust system soon so I can make it quiet again. I'll need a factory cat. converter and all the piping back with the muffler so I'd be willing to knock some $$ off the full price of the cat & back exhaust (not cat-back, but cat and back exhaust).

Well, looks like monday I'm having the Rack & pinion fixed but I'm going to get it put back to factory stuff so it'll be stock again. The next step is to find buyers for the sway bars and strut tower braces so I can take the springs off all at the same time (all suspension, 1 day).

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
entropy said:
Ok, many of yall might think I'm nuts, but I'm moving to DC this fall...I am thinking of converting my 92 XE to an automatic. (I hate to even think about this, but then there will be the consistent pain the
foot.) Has anyone done this, or perhaps performed the reverse? In the end, I may just suck it up and drive stick. Just curious to see what yall think.​

How bout if i trade you my Tranny and all the Auto GOoDies with your Tranny and the GoOdies!:D I always wanted to drive with Stick damn to bad i dont got one!! SHIT, My tranny is pretty new, i had to change it my old Tranny Broke from Automatic DOWNSHIFTING on high RPMS!! My tranny only has like 19K Miles on it.​

1 - 7 of 7 Posts