Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a question and you guys probably know more about it than I do.

Im a proud owner of a 1990 300zx and im looking to swap my transmission from automatic to a Manual. I would like to know what do I need to do but mainly HOW much can I expect to pay.
Please do not tell me I should sell my car cuz I wont so I hope someone will be able to help me..

Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Congrats man! Welcome to the club. :)

Check out the tutorial over at 300zxclub.com, its pretty detailed. You'd probably be looking for spend between $650 to maybe $900 max, depending on if you have a shop do it, if you have the shop get the parts and if you have them do the labor. Suggestion, find a cheap manual transmission, find the parts for cheap as new as you can and make sure you have all the harnesses. If you get the majority of all the parts and stuff you'll need for the swap it will be cheaper. For me its going to cost $850 because im having a small time mechanic do the swap that works with Z's. Good luck bro, heres the link:

The site requires registration to view certain categories, so once you register... Check out the Auto ---> Manual Swap here

·
Power FC Z32
2,147 Posts
Hi,

I have a question and you guys probably know more about it than I do.

Im a proud owner of a 1990 300zx and im looking to swap my transmission from automatic to a Manual. I would like to know what do I need to do but mainly HOW much can I expect to pay.
Please do not tell me I should sell my car cuz I wont so I hope someone will be able to help me..

Thanks.
~$4,OOO From the time you drop your car off at the shop to the time you pick it up. The $4K is general rule when a competent mechanic is doing the work.

·
Registered
23 Posts
to get a tranny for cheap for that car, try Home Page. (Tiger Japanese Auto Parts) They have low mileage engines between $790-$890 and transmissions between $290-$300. 25K-35K miles because they are JDM parts. Shipping might kill you though because these guys are in Canada, depending on where you live. I ordered an engine for my 91'. $1004 including shipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts