Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 Maxima and I just noticed tonight that the transmission shifts differently than it used to. If I stomp on it, it will jump from 2000 rpm to 5000 before it takes hold. It's like some kind of hesitation, but the engine runs fine. It seems to have less power and, during gradual acceleration, it seems to slow down slightly when it shifts.

The odometer has been broken for a while, but I'd guess there's about 150,000 miles on it.

I'm assuming I'll have to take it in to be fixed, but I'd like to be armed with a little knowledge before I do (although the shop I'm going to has a very good reputation).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's ok today.

It shifted fine on the way to work this morning (about 14 miles), so maybe it's temperature related. Of course, it could all be in my mind, but it certainly did seem to be having problems yesterday. Maybe I just got hold of some bad drugs.

I don't think I've ever had the transmission flushed, so I'll have that done.

I have the feeling I haven't seen the end of this...

·
Will work for beer
2,696 Posts
If you havent' ever had it flushed, then I don't recommend it...
at this point, there's too much crap settled in the bottom of the transmission and as soon as you flush it, you stir that stuff up and you can wind up ruining the tranny..

a simple drain/fill is all I'd recommend at this point. do it once a week for 4 weeks and you should have all the fluid replaced by then. (the whole tranny holds about 12 qt, but it only drains about 4 out of the pan each time. the rest is in the valve body, tranny cooler, and torque convertor. only way to get all of that out is to pump it out, or slowly flush everything.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts