Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

Just got done changing a clutch in a 95 altima gxe and after getting the tranny bolted back up and the axles in I developed a problem..The axles are turning no matter if the car is in neutral or any gear..The tranny has no gear oil in it right now, and the hydraulic line isnt hooked up to the tranny..I have replaced clutches before and im rather sure that not having any gear oil or the line hooked up is gona cause the axles to keep turning with the car being in gear..My first thought was maybe the throw out bearing may have came off the input shaft...My other guess would have to be the input shaft may be broken but not sure any help at all would be greatly appreciated im stuck on it right now..Thanks

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
update:
Pulled the tranny out again and threw an axle in it and the input shaft wasn't turning..Throw out bearing hadn't came out..After further questioning i have began pulling the case apart on the tranny..Just got to go out tomorrow so i can buy a punch so i can get the gears out..Thinking the pinion gear is bad won't know until the gears are out and further inspection can be done..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts