Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I blew a line on my transmission the other day. Luckily it was the rubber line. Before that and after that I have issues with it going into drive if I don't let it run for a while. If I leave overdrive on and put it in drive it feels like it wants to go but not much. If it click O/D off it won't do anything. Reverse is fine just 1,2, and D. It is starting to piss me off a little. I have checked and fluid level is fine. Makes me think a Solenoid is bad or stuck. Wants it gets going though everything seems fine. I'm concerned because I can't afford a major issue right now with the ways things are going. Please help!!!!

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,224 Posts
I blew a line on my transmission the other day. Luckily it was the rubber line. Before that and after that I have issues with it going into drive if I don't let it run for a while. If I leave overdrive on and put it in drive it feels like it wants to go but not much. If it click O/D off it won't do anything. Reverse is fine just 1,2, and D. It is starting to piss me off a little. I have checked and fluid level is fine. Makes me think a Solenoid is bad or stuck. Wants it gets going though everything seems fine. I'm concerned because I can't afford a major issue right now with the ways things are going. Please help!!!!
What's your ATF fluid look like? Here's a blotter test. Place a couple of drops of the ATF on a paper towel and wait about 30-seconds or so. If the fluid has spread out and is red or very light brown in color, the fluid is good – No action is needed. If the fluid does not spread out and is very dark brown in color, the fluid is oxidized; if it has a burnt smell to it, then there may be internal damage.

What ATF fluid have you been using? Using Dexron III has been known to cause valve sticking in the valve body assembly. You might want to try servicing the transmission using a fluid that is recommended for use in Dexron II applications, like Valvoline Maxlife ATF or Castrol Multi-import ATF, which are both synthetic. Generic Dexron III/Mercon, which is essentially what Nissan Type "D" ATF is, has a thicker viscosity than the original Dexron and Dexron II.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did all the transmission fluid bail out of the transmission when the rubber hose broke?. What's the mileage?.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts