Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so we had this car roll (barely) into the shop the other day, and it was full of surprises.

The car is a 2008 Nissan Altima 2.5L, when we open the trunk we found the transmission valve body, so it is safe to assume they have replaced the valve body on the car.

The car was having issues with acceleration/no power (probably due to codes). So first things we scanned the cars codes and came back with a couple codes. Tried clearing and they came back instantly.

P1777 Faulty Step Motor
P0710 Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor Circuit Malfunction
P0740 Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid Circuit/Open
P0745 Pressure Control Solenoid Malfunction
P0778 Pressure control solenoid B -electrical malfunction
P1740 Torque Converter Clutch or Overdrive Solenoid Performance Condition
P0840 Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor / Switch A Circuit

So we started looking at the TCM and wiring. The plug and wiring to the transmission are good, the plug to the TCM had one noticeable issue the locking tabs were broken off but the plug was seated. I looked into a new TCM and here is where things got more interesting, turns out the TCM on this vehicle is from a 2010, so now the question is was the TCM and transmission changed? Or just the TCM?

My question here is would a 2010 TCM even work on a 2008? I'm sure there were significant changes within 2 years? And probably the main reason I am unable to get rid of these codes?

The owner knows nothing about this car so we have no help on this one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,949 Posts
Probably the best thing to do is have both the ECU and TCM programmed with the right p/n firmware for the car. The right way to do that is have the Parts Dept pull up the "ROM ID's" for the VIN number, then program both units as if they're new and blank. That way you can be sure the firmware is right for the car. Then they can program the TCM with the QR data from the sticker and you can see what's really up (if anything) with the tranny.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts