Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I need to know if the Automatic cars have a Transmission Controller Unit? I'm pretty sure they do. I also need to know all the variables that the Transmission Controller Unit takes in to figure out when the shifting points occur. What I know so far is that it takes into account: Throttle Position, Speed. What else does the Transmission Controller Unit take into account? Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has an SR20DE ECU and I need to know what inputs the ECU takes in to calculate correct shifting points. The thing is that we installed a Simple Digital Systems Programmable Engine Management into the 98 Sentra SE (Automatic) but the thing is...The Ecu is not reading the coreect variable (what i'm asking and need to know) to shift correctly. Also the stock ECU doesnt get any readings on what the engine is doing because it is not being used. Hence the use of the SDS system. So we are going to try and find out the right signals the ecu need to shift correctly. And what i know the ecu needs to shift are vehicle speed and throttle position. I need to know what other variables the ECU needs to figure out the correct shifting points.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
Yeah I told you, the throttle position, speed sensor and the manual valve (shifter)... those three components control the variables involved in what speed your car shifts! There's nothing else! Everything else you might be thinking of only affects the internals of the transmission (stuff like the line pressure regulator) has nothing to do with when your car shifts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
James said:
Yeah I told you, the throttle position, speed sensor and the manual valve (shifter)... those three components control the variables involved in what speed your car shifts! There's nothing else! Everything else you might be thinking of only affects the internals of the transmission (stuff like the line pressure regulator) has nothing to do with when your car shifts.
What's the Manual Valve (Shifter)? I've been looking in my Haynes Manual and read up on the Throttle Position Sensor(TPS) and the Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) but couldn't find anything about the Manual Valve. Do you know if it's a sensor or what? Thanks alot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts