Nissan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New one is in but it's not reading on dash neutral or drive. Please tell me what to do

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
What year/model? Virtually all Nissan CVT's require a data download of some sort to work properly. With a used trans I generally recommend that people get the TCM from the donor vehicle along with the tranny, that way you can skip all the programming. Depending on your model, you may need to visit the dealer to have them get an IP file for the trans out of the Nissan database, then download it to the TCM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What year/model? Virtually all Nissan CVT's require a data download of some sort to work properly. With a used trans I generally recommend that people get the TCM from the donor vehicle along with the tranny, that way you can skip all the programming. Depending on your model, you may need to visit the dealer to have them get an IP file for the trans out of the Nissan database, then download it to the TCM.
nissan altima 2009

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
You probably have an RE0F09B trans, the "IP" data will be stored in the valve body EEPROM. The TCM memory has to be erased and then new data uploaded from the EEPROM to the TCM. It isn't a complicated procedure but does require a Nissan Consult2, Consult3+, or another high-end scanner with the right work support.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts