Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Um, okay, why the hell is it so difficult to get the fill plug out of my manual tranny???! I literally stripped out the end or whatever. I had a 4 foot long weight lifting pipe as leverage and it stripped out of the inside of the bolt and bent the pipe. WTF. Anyway, like a dumbass I had already drained the gear oil out of the drain plug (stupid f*cking me) so my trans was out of oil with no way to fill it. I was able to get maybe half to 3/4 of what it is supposed to be by sort of pumping the oil into the drain and covering the outside with my hand so it didn't spill too much out. Anywho, I'm not driving until monday when I'll take it to nissan and make them fucking fix it. I think that bolt is covered under this warranty I bought with the car (covers ALL internal and external bolts, ) and I think this would count. Wish me luck.

Stupid nissan.

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
Yeah I just changed my transmission fluid, and both the fill and drain plugs were a pain in tha ass to get out. The drain plug was a lot harder for me, I ended up using a jack to loosen it.
Did you spray WD-40 on the bolts before loosening them? That usually makes it a little easier.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
um, nissan didn't cover shit for me. I was told that any warranty only covers INTERNAL engine components. Then it hit me, pep boys changed my clutch... I took it to them, they could not get it out. Period. Two choices, changing the transfer case (leaving my car for a day or two.. or three... ) or filling the trans up through the speedo pinion (didn't know there was one)... Whatever, they did it, if it f*cks up it's their ass..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes what do you mean you pumped it in? Aren't you supposed to fill it up where the speedo gear is? Tha is what I did and next time if you are talking about the stripping the drain plug use a cloth to cover ther 1/2 rachet head. Anyways I hope everything works out for the best for you:)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1)
With the warranty I purchased it doesn't matter if I dump sand into my engine, they pay for anything that is covered.

2)
There are two fill points, the haynes manual covers one of them (the speedo pinion). The other is a plug that is supposed to be removed with a 3/8" ratchet. (versus the 1/2" of the drain plug) and the fill plug is on the front of the trans case.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And I didn't strip it out, pep boys did.

And they couldn't get it out. They filled it through the speedo gear.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
HMM

"I literally stripped out the end or whatever. I had a 4 foot long weight lifting pipe as leverage and it stripped out of the inside of the bolt and bent the pipe. "

Sorry I must have misunderstood. HEHE

The plug on the lower portion of the trans. is a drain plug. You cannot fill the transmission with it out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
the 3/8 fill point he is talking about is in the front side of the trans close to the radiator side of the car. it is vertically installed so it meshes in with the terrain of the trans. the 3/8/ plug is where i fill in my trans fluid.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts