Nissan Forum banner

Trans and wiring issues, 88 e16i to any later engine

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Daeron 
Daeron,

I haven't been frequenting this forum in quite some time, but I'm replying to your PM here. I have never swapped a GA16i where an E16i originally sat, but as you know it's a bolt in [with the matching GA manual trans of course]. But I'm sure the engine harness and ecu are different and the fuel pump pressure will be different as well. Personally, I wouldn't try to use the E16i harness on a GA16i. If I were doing this swap, I'd only do it with an entire parts car so I'd have every part I needed. Ditto for a GA16DE swap. You'll need a lot more parts than you'd think.

Back in the day [10 years ago or so] if you brought up the question of this swap, the reply you'd get would have been WHY? The effort isn't worth the result. If it were me, I'd save the headaches and simply fix your E16. Pull the head and replace those bent valves. The E16's got terrific fuel mileage. My '86 B11 wagon got 40 mpg and ran reliably for almost 200,000 miles.

Hummmmm.......

Well, see, I really don't see myself fighting South Florida traffic, with the four lane roads and the idiot gasbags from everywhere in the world driving at 4512543 different speeds, with a 70 horsepower 4 banger.
70 h.p. is more than enough to deliver pizza in a B12 chassis. If you live in an undesirable area where traffic is too fast don't worry about it. Just let them hit you and collect the insurance money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.