Nissan Forum banner

Trans and wiring issues, 88 e16i to any later engine

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Daeron 
The E16 is a great little motor, easy to work on and they don't break unless you do something really stupid. The parts are relatively cheap and you can still find them in the boneyards. Power to weight ratio is what really counts here not so much the HP. The lighter the vehicle the better I/E keep the crap out of the trunk, etc.
I just put a 2 in catback exhaust with a Magnaflow and it sounds great without being ricey like a fart can and I can feel the better throttle response. I am planning on playing with the airbox when the weather gets warmer but next payday in goes the K&N in the stock one to help it breathe a little better. HP is gained by tweaking the individual components.

These cars are very fun to drive if you set them up the right way. I have KYBs' larger sway bars, larger wider tires, upgraded brakes, and the car handles fairly well for an econo box.

I used to drive a Buick Century (company car) before I got this one so it was a bit humbling at first, but I found the guys here and started playing with the car and now I love it and would not trade it for anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.