Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the problem. when i was comming home from my gf house last weekened. i stopped at a stop light, and when it turned green i began to go. then it happened. there was a bang from under the floor and the truck would not move.
it sounded like the drive shaft broke, looked underneath but i didnt. i tried to put it in 4x4 to see if i could drive the last mile on the front wheels , but nothing. when i start the truck and put it in reverse or drive the rmps drop like it is in gear. but nothink when i hit the gas. could it be the transfer case or the tranny. fluids are fine and not burned at all. or could there be somethingelse wrong. lol i hope it is the cheaper one that broke

·
Registered
4 Posts
Exact thing happened to my '88. The chain has nothing to do with 2wd operation. Unfortunately, it sounds like you've stripped the splines in the rear planetary carrier, and damaged the output shaft splines that connect to it. Did it make a whirring noise after the loud bang? When I put my pathy in gear, it would bring the motor rpm down , but wouldn't move. Actually, it's harder to r&r the trans than it is to replace those parts. Remember, the RE4R01A trans was used in many different vehicles, 240sx, mazda mpv, etc. 2wd trans will work if you swap bellhousing and output shaft. Hope that helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts