Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My synchros are needing to be rebuilt. My thing is, if i'm gonna eventually invest the money in having them rebuilt, is there anything that can be done to strengthen them? Maybe buy new parts and have anything possible cryo-treated? I'm open to suggestions... TIA!

W

·
0 Posts
you have the same problem that I had my tranny synchros went bad and I still drove me car not thinking that it would ruin the tranny but after about 4 to 7 days later the tranny lost 2nd 3rd and 4th the onlly thing that was left was 1st and reverse I thought that mabe if I tore the tranny apart to try to figure how bad the tranny was and it was shot the input gears for the 3 gears were stripped off and the actual shifting gears were trashed it might be better to find another tranny in a junk yard then rebuild it cus it is hard for me to find the parts or to find someone that will rebuild it for me. if it was my car and you are going to rebuild it instead I would stop driveing it before your tranny ends up like mine did. :( Just some helping advise from exspereanse

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine owns a shop and is a really good mechanic, so I'll be having him rebuild the synchros. I always have him do the work I can't do, or don't have the time for. Doesn't JGY cryotreat trannies and gears? Might be nice to have that done...

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've actualluy been thinking about that. That would let me do the rebuild myself and have it treated and everything, and not be without a car. Not to mention I can do it piece by piece slowly to save money

1 - 5 of 5 Posts