Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was kinda hoping to find a tech forum for transmission, but no luck unless I'm havin a real bad day. Anyways, I'm new here and was wondering what options are out there for strengthened gear sets for a 97 200SX SE-R. I'm on my 2 stock trans and 2nd gears is on its way out again. Any info will help

Kyle

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
Andursun0013 said:
I was kinda hoping to find a tech forum for transmission, but no luck unless I'm havin a real bad day. Anyways, I'm new here and was wondering what options are out there for strengthened gear sets for a 97 200SX SE-R. I'm on my 2 stock trans and 2nd gears is on its way out again. Any info will help

Kyle
im not sure on the options for an se-r trans, im sure theres more than on my ga, but shot-peening the gears will strengthen them, not sure on cost, but im sure some one else around here could tell ya.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"stomping on it" is so much fun :D
I was hoping to find a complete gear set, with or without synchro's but preferrable with. I know of a couple for my subaru but haven't found any for the 200SX

·
bitter old man
1,456 Posts
Quaiffe was making noises about a strengthened gearset that at first would manage 400 HP or so, but, after they actually looked at a stockgearbox figured they could only provide, at best, ~20% improvement in strength.

If you search the (Seminal) SE-R mailing list archives and SR20DEForums you'll find a company that supposedly makes a sequential 6-speed to fit FWD trannies. I think it's in Australia.

Another option is to shot-peen and cryo-treat the gears. Not a large improvement but it's there.

Finally, what the Hell are you doing to trash 2nd gear? 3rd gear is the weak one, the others are quite robust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How to Kill 2nd-

Drive like ME :D :D

Seriously, 2 in my 200 and one tranny in my old 91 sentra E manual 4 speed (damn nissan transmissions)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts