Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you change out the clutch on a 200sx do you have to take off the whole front axle or anything that would cause the gear oil (or some other fluid) in the transmission to come out???

The reason i'm asking is because i'm about to be $3000+ in the hole (of which i have maybe $20) for a new transmission. Heres the story... A few weeks ago my clutch went bad i didnt know any good mechanics so i took it to one of those auto repair joints in the hood. they changed my clutch for $230 and a few days later the car starts making a knocking sound in the front end while i'm driving. I notice theres grease all over my front left wheel so i check it out and the ball joint is broken. So i take to the local nissan dealer to get it repaired and boom "you dont have a ball joint problem your entire transmission is shot because it had no fluid and the warranty refuses to pay due to you were driving the car like that" well no shit how else was i gonna get it to the service department.

well anyway i'm in a huge dilemma as you can see so can someone plz help. Oh and plz dont deviate too much from the original question (which is usually the case w/ some of you big time post freaks- dont take offense i mean it in the best possible way). THX!!!

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
yes you have to take out both axles, drain the tranny fluid and remove the tranny. I have a hard time beliveing that your car would run much at all w/o tranny fluid though.

·
Registered
117 Posts
devious_kid said:
When you change out the clutch on a 200sx do you have to take off the whole front axle or anything that would cause the gear oil (or some other fluid) in the transmission to come out???
YES, enough oil drains out that if you don't add, it may damage something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts