Nissan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so the other day I was driving and I cracked the bracket that holds the clutch cable to the Tranny. This was the second time it broke, previously I had it welded back on and it was fine. Im not sure what caused this but I thought maybe the tranny was getting old 170,000 miles or the Cable needed to be adjusted, so a friend had a tranny and I had it installed but today we tryed to get it to work and it still wolnt let me get into gear and the pedal is very stiff. The clucth in the car now is the ACT HD and has only been in for about 6 months. i also replaced the Clutch cable itself twice. I dont think its the tranny because I think it would have shown some improvement or been worse if the tranny was the problem. If you have any suggestions let me know I need help..:(

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I did get it welded again and It didnt work...I replaced the Tranny and still no luck...

I have a b14, I broke the arm because the pedal was putting so much pressure on it.... Do you think it might be the pressure plate or Bearing, even though its a few months old?

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
What pressure plate do you have on there? OEM?

If it's OEM and it broke... I'd just bring it to somewhere that welds a little better because it shouldn't have broke the second time...

NM, just read above...

yeah your Act HD pp is too stiff... get it welded but have them weld in a piece of a metal as a brace so it doesn't happen again.

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what do I do to get it to go into gear? It wolnt go into gear even though I replaced the Tranny meaning the bracket is brand new no need to get anything welded again unless its to keep it from breaking again. I just need it to be able to drive.

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn well since the car has been reassembled what do you think it might be?

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
you can still do what I said after the car is assembled, just crawl under there and find where the linkage connects to the transmission, undo the 12mm nut and remove the bolt and you can move the transmission from gear to gear...

if you don't want to do that, crawl underneath and have someone move the linkage around upstairs and watch to see if the thing moves through the gears correctly and fully.

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the one thing thats for sure is this tranny moves through the gears alot better than the old one when the car is off. I dont think its the Tranny I think that its the pressure plate does anyone know where I can get another ACT pressure plate or another brand that can handle a good amount of HP?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Nuskool said:
Well the one thing thats for sure is this tranny moves through the gears alot better than the old one when the car is off. I dont think its the Tranny I think that its the pressure plate does anyone know where I can get another ACT pressure plate or another brand that can handle a good amount of HP?
I've told people for years that the ACT PP will stretch cables... Anyway it sound slike it may be a TO bearing install issue. I would check that when you take the tranny apart...

Otherwise I have also sung the praise of the JWT clutch for a year or two now....

·
Right By DA Beach....
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I stretched two cables with this clucth....I am now oing to get the Jim Wolf...Thanks for the help guys..:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts