Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my transmission fill plug is stripped out on the inside. Any recommendations on how to get it out?

(the threads aren't stripped, but the place where you would insert a 3/8" breaker bar to remove it is almost round)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1997 ga16de
I hate to sound rude, but it wasn't so much a question as an informational reading. I feel as though ... I don't know. You aren't in the place to tell me to not or to do something. I feel as though this applies to b14 chassis AND ga16 engines, as it has to do with both, and I would like everyone to be informed that this *can* be a problem. Sorry to offend you, but if you don't like 'double' posts in TWO sections then don't click on the link that looks the same.

Again, please don't take offense, just sharing my feelings.

Jacob

·
Registered
154 Posts
Find a bolt about the same size (grade 8) grind it down at an angle till it fits tightly in the plug. Take 2 nuts and back them onto each other so they won't move (you may have to tack weld them if you use impact). Pound this into drain plug, get a big frickin wrench, and have fun.
If this doesn't work heat up the tranny case around the plug, while heating put an impact wrench on it.

If all else fails get some grease, and a drill bit (they make left hand bits) smaller than the plug coat the bit with grease drill slowly back bit out everynow and then to remove shaveings off of grease, once you have a hole in the plug pound the sides of it in toward the hole. flush the tranny a few times to remove shaveings.

Coat your new plug with antiseize.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up filling it through the speedo pinion.... I'll worry about the fill plug once I have a little more time on my hands. It's 3am here, and I have been at work since 6am yesterday..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts