Nissan Forum banner
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
hEY BOOST Im going to giv U a call either 2nite or tommorow during the day.....

I took it to Esserman and George was the guy that was handling it. I think hes new there but he was cool with me..

Im def. going to give U a call so we can ride......If U dont hear from me and U dont have anything to do give me another call cuz I may forget......Uknow how Saturdays can get.....

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Cool:cool: Just let me know when you're ready. This is the last day of my vacation and I can't find my wallet and it sucks. So for the moment, I'm chillin' at the crib and banking that it's in my mom's car since I gave it a tune-up wednesday and haven't seen it since I puchased the parts with my ATM card.

· Registered
140 Posts
Realize a few things about this situation...

First, you've got to understand that service departments get all sorts of off the wall complaints. If everyone was correct and didn't report false problems... every complaint could be taken as fact. This just isn't the case... so the first job of the tech is to recreate or identify the problem. If he can't do this, there's really nothing more he can do. If it's not a problem while he's driving it, and it's not something he can see (either with his eyes or with equipment) he's stuck. It's difficult because there very well may be a problem, but if there's no way to identify it... He's not going to rip down a tranny if it's functioning normally while he's driving it and there's no apparent evidence of it not working properly. He won't get paid. He litterally can't afford to do this. In fact, the time the tech spent looking at your car and NOT being able to find anything wrong cost him money... (time=money). Trust me, even with warranty work, he was looking for something to be wrong with it.

Second, there's nothing from stopping you from taking it back in if this happens again. Sometimes a car has to visit a service department many times before it get's fixed. We used to compair this with going to the doctor. You know, you get better as soon as you're at the doctor's office. Just try and be patient.

Third, the computer keeps track of error codes. Not all of these error codes will show up with a check engine light on your dash. Next time this happens (if it does), ask them to check for error codes. Also ask them if there are any Service bulletins on this problem. Nissan is pretty good about keeping track of weird problems like this.

Forth, check your extended warranty carefully... you may have to pay for part of the repairs (deductable) while you wouldn't with the factory warranty. I can only guess at why they may be suggesting you wait. On the good side, it could be because with an extended warranty they'd be willing to replace the whole tranny (they wouldn't have to send it back to Nissan if Nissan NA requested it from them... this gives them more lattitude). Or on the downside it could be because with your extended warranty they may make more profit. Again, it's hard to know for sure if they were trying to help you or not.

In the end, it's up to you. You can always pay to have them (or someone else) take it apart and look at it. Just because an outside shop told you one thing doesn' t mean it's true. You can also go to a different dealership (if you have another one in your area). As a general rule in the industry, dealerships are typically less expensive than outside shops. Private shops tend to error on the side of caution and recommend more parts be replaced than a dealership will. The logic in this is they don't want you coming back complaining if something else breaks soon after your service with them. Private shops also tend to varry a lot more on quality. Some are better than dealerships, but many are not. It's more of a gamble to go with a private shop unless you know the shop does quality work.

Damn, another book report... :rolleyes: I've got to stop these. ;)

· Registered
49 Posts
When your car does this what kind or RPMs is your engine turning????

· Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Once again Yosho thank you for the book report.....;) It kinda really put things in perspective for me. What IM going to do now is give them another visit and make sure this guy was'nt bullshi**in me about my extended warranty and then find out the difference with deductibles and what not.....

Mb--The car went from 80 down to 20 and then 10 one time and before that it went 50 to 10 mph --I dunno if this is wut U wanted to know....

ALSO just to let everyone know that was intrested in BoostBoy's SUPER B12 I will be checking it out and going for a ride very soon--SO Ill let everyone know just how real that 170 is....:p

· Registered
7 Posts
Ninety-Nine SE-L said:
woah. I jus got an email saying there was a new reply to this thread, but when I got here, the last post was dated September 16th, 2002, 08:13 PM.

oh, guess what? Now you got one ;)
lol

That was me. I'm new to the boards (just joined this evening) and a mod made a new thread of what I posted. My transmission has issues too. :p

61 - 69 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.