Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Im driving down the street soing about 40-45 when my car suddenly starts to slow down while IM still hiiting the gas--I thought it was maybe cuz I was low on gas and thought nothing of it.....

A week or two later IM on the expway going 80 and the car drops to 40 the same as b4 with a full tank of gas.....

I just took it to a shop and found out that the transmission needs to be rebuilt--$750 to have it done :eek:

Its a 98 with 45,000 miles!!!-if U can bellieve it

Any suggestions or comments at all would really help.....:(

·
Registered
249 Posts
That sucks.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright I checked and I only had a three year 36,000 mile warranty...so IM stuck..

Now my car is an Auto so its not a question of over reving or anything like that...

I really had no idea what would cause this untill I spoke to a friend about it--he said it sounded like my transmission slipped-that the same thing happened to him on his old B13 and he had to have his tranny rebuilt...

The guy at the shop actually pulled it apart to see for himself and he showed me the damage--so its not like I think I might be getting scammed or anything...

I was hoping sum one around here would have experienced the same thing......this is sum depressing ass sh**...................

·
Registered
249 Posts
perfect time for a LS tranny or Sr20det swap

·
Registered
249 Posts
limited slip

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh DAMN U would think I could tell wut U meant by LS :rolleyes: ...WUt do U guyz think???? And wut would I have to do and HOW??? I dunno maybe I should go withthe Sr20 swap>>>:confused:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Did the guy say how this happened to your car? Do you drive it really hard or soemthing or is it "normal wear and tear"?

I have a 95 auto and it seems like my car is starting to fall apart now, in last few weeks i've had brakes, two axels (one actually broke in half off the lift, cv boots, wiper motor, dash lights, leak in crank case, replaced alternator

Its starting to get to the point where im like screw it :) I can't afford any car that I REALLY want though.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
Neil said:

I have a 95 auto and it seems like my car is starting to fall apart now, in last few weeks i've had brakes, two axels (one actually broke in half off the lift, cv boots, wiper motor, dash lights, leak in crank case, replaced alternator

Its starting to get to the point where im like screw it :) I can't afford any car that I REALLY want though.
hehe, time to upgrade to a 240sx. or maybe a new SE-R ;). If my car were fallin apart, I'd be savin up for a new mofo. Of course when something breaks on my car, it's usually my fault to begin with. Let's see, so far, I've killed my front corners, my speedo, some of my interior pannels, my paint job (they don't tell you that the touch up paint SUCKS), etc. etc. etc. :D it's all good and mostly back to normal.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Neil said:
Did the guy say how this happened to your car? Do you drive it really hard or soemthing or is it "normal wear and tear"?

He asked me have I had any problems at all B4 this. The only one Ive had is when my car overheated because I was leaking coolant. He said thats its possible that if I was running the car hot and if coolant hit the tranny--that may have damaged it......

I really doubt that I can do the Sr20 swap-theres just no way I can afford that and all the G20 conversion Im planning to do. AND I already have all the G20 parts sitting in my house so thers no turning bac.....

Im thinking of maybe buying a sum wut used tranny rather than paying to have this one rebuilt--but I dont know if I want to risk it...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts