Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to use a tranny from a 350z on the new maxima? They both use the same engine but a 350z is rear wheel drive I am 99% sure. Would this be possible at all? And if so would it even be worth while?

K

·
0 Posts
Do you just post questions without thinking about it first?

And WHY would you want the transmission anyway? RWD vs FWD dude, think about that. Or maybe you don't know what that means. Oh it's just so upsetting.

-Kaleb

·
Registered
249 Posts
dschrier said:
Would it be possible to use a tranny from a 350z on the new maxima? They both use the same engine but a 350z is rear wheel drive I am 99% sure. Would this be possible at all? And if so would it even be worth while?
hey you go to unh right?
did you get a maxima??

·
Registered
249 Posts
dschrier said:
No I didn't, but I plan to sometime, still have a 90 b12.
wierd, I just came to the same conclusion today after reading it's specs and stuff. i was thinking of a 97-98 240SX, but finding one in this area would be toooo hard, maximas on the other hand are all over the place.
anyways- ever see the one with TBLE 10S PA plates?? it's a dude at my work(well, almost). it's supercharged, and has a shitload of other good stuff.

B

·
0 Posts
Don't hurt yourself, Kaleb. :)

Anyway... no, you can't fit a 350Z transmission. Think about the layout. It's going to be impossible. I'm not even sure what the hell it would do for you if you could fit one anyway. We already get an (optional) helical limited slip in the Maxima, so there's no further upgrading to be done!

·
Registered
249 Posts
aren't the forums for "asking" questions if you are not sure??

or is being a dick to someone who knows less that you is mandatory because of course you were all BORN with the superior knowledge :D

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright everyone, the reason I asked is because then you could possibly have a RWD maxima, and since people tend to like RWD better on a sports car why not on a maxima? Also, the 350z tranny might have more sports oriented gear ratios over the max tranny. It was just a question, whether or not it was a good one.

B

·
0 Posts
Ack.

A RWD Maxima? The floorpan would probably never fit a driveshaft... so don't even worry about the transmission. :)

For gear ratios, I don't think that would work too well either, especially if the internal layout of the transmission is different!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts