Nissan Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just changed my clutch and everything came out good except that most of the tranny fluid came out in the process, and i cant find out where the filler bolt is if anyone can post a pic or something it will be a big help, also i think my clutch cable might of streched, has anyone ever heard of this, cause on the old clutch the pressure plate was failing so kept on rigging the cable so that it would be tighter which made the clutch pedal really, really tight.

any help will be apprieciated

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
75W90 if I'm not mistaken. I'd use a full synthetic. Try to find one that's listed only as GL-4. If it says GL-3, Gl-4 and GL-5 you'll probably be okay, but don't get any that says GL-5 otherwise you'll have no synchros later on and you'll end up replacing the tranny most likely as that will be the easiest, and cheapest route. Considering you'll likely only change it out once the entire time you own the car, it makes sense to use the best you can buy. I'd use Redline or Motul if you can find it locally.

·
Registered
941 Posts
"I'd use Red Line or Motul if you can find it locally."

Yep, Red Line Oil's MT-90 is the "no brainer" choice. You can get it at various high-performance retailers or places like myoilshop.com. Price is usually $8-10 per quart but you only need 2-3 quarts and don't have to change your tranny fluid every year.

Haven't tried Motul. Too hard to find ... and usually even more expensive than Red Line. :eek:

If you want to experiment with different brands, you could also try Royal Purple's Synchromax as well as Pennzoil's and GM's syncromesh fluids.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im looking a bolt facing the radiator to fill it up but all i see is bolt that requires a large alle key to remove is that it also do i fill it till it overflows?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts