Nissan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how often should you change your tranny fluid and how much should go in there? can anyone tell me how to do this or link me to a site to tell me how?

·
Boost anyone?
1,625 Posts
Okay well i have a 96 GXE, dont know how much different both our cars are but in my owner's manual it says 12,000 miles for poor weather/driving conditions and 24,000 miles for normal conditions. I have a 5 speed and I just got this car so I dont know how much to put in there. I'll double check that as soon as i find out.

·
in^3,N20,RPM,PSI
4,652 Posts
the process is simple.

the schedule of maintenance varies with how you drive tho. i think the book says 30k but if you drive hard or like constant up hill or you do stupid stuff with your car like burnouts, then it gets less and less. Heat is what determines how long the fluid will effectively last.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my car is an automatic. i found the place to drain but where is the filter and should it be changed when i change my fluid.

·
Registered
638 Posts
On a b13 the auto tranny filter is just a very fine mesh screen. My nissan tech said as long as you change your ATF once a year you don't need to replace the filter. I did drop my pan to clean up the build up of metal shavings that were on the magnets and cleaned the pan itself. BTW i only use Mobil 1 ATF and drain my fluid once a year, 93k miles so far and no tranny problems for me...:)

·
Destroyer of Engines
561 Posts
I'm going to be changing my transmission fluid soon, does anyone know if any chain auto parts stores sell Redline Racing MT-90? If not does anyone know where I can get it cheaply online? I know summitracing.com has it for $8 a quart, but I was wondering if anywhere else has it cheaper.

Also how much wil I need to buy? I'm figuring 3 or 4 quarts, but not sure which.

Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i have to change my tanny fluid this weekend it is very vital. i would change it earlier but i work everyday. what is one of the best transmission fluids i can buy at a local autzone or pepboys?

·
Registered
638 Posts
sentra95GXE said:
i have to change my tanny fluid this weekend it is very vital. i would change it earlier but i work everyday. what is one of the best transmission fluids i can buy at a local autzone or pepboys?
Mobil 1 ATF, about five bucks a quart at autozone and worth every penny. Oh yeah pickup 4 quarts...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts