Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Beer,

I hadn't thought about there being enough space between the raditor and condenser for it. I'll check that out.

I would prefer the front installation but there's not a lot of space between the condenser and the grill plus the verticle support bar in the middle. Any issues with installing the cooler verticle rather than horzontial? Would that put too much load on the pump or cause some kind of drain back problem?

· Registered
33 Posts
You can place it vertical but u want the hose attachments on top and not the bottom. You dont want a chance of air getting trapped inside the cooler. The middle support bar isnt that important so it can be removed. Mine was taken out a while back

· Registered
33 Posts
Auto trans already have a trans cooler but they are known for clogging and then destroying the tranny. So going aftermarket on this can actually give your tranny longer life. Plus towing excess weight can be a strain on factory cooler. Make sure that when you add the cooler you plug the old lines that enter and leave the factory trans cooler.

I would strongly advise that you add a aftermarket cooler and totally get rid of the factory cooler.

3,604 Posts
Manual transmissions do not have coolers, no.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.