Nissan Forum banner

Tranny Cooler Install

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  verno-dub 
#1 ·
Has anyone had experience with installing a tranny cooler on a b14? I know this is DEFINATELY good preventive maintainence but what other benefits would our cars recieve from this?

#2 ·
I just put one on my wife's b14 last weekend. Not too much drama, just take your time........it's pretty easy actually. As for performance, I feel nothing, which is the whole point I think. I think its all about keeping the temps. down in your trans for longevity and reliablity issues. Im sure the gurus here can explain it better.

I can get you a play by play on the whole install if you need. Just let me know.

-verno

#3 ·
If you live out in the desert or in a climate like Texas, you should get one. If you drive hard, you should get one. Many transmission shops recommend a stacked plate transmission cooler. If you cannot afford one like that, get a 5"X9" or larger fin plated cooler. Remember to check the capacity of the cooler and compensate with extra transmission fluid. (You're adding a whatever the cooler holds plus the tranny lines.)

#6 ·
dho said:
If you live out in the desert or in a climate like Texas, you should get one. If you drive hard, you should get one. Many transmission shops recommend a stacked plate transmission cooler. If you cannot afford one like that, get a 5"X9" or larger fin plated cooler. Remember to check the capacity of the cooler and compensate with extra transmission fluid. (You're adding a whatever the cooler holds plus the tranny lines.)
If you just want your transmission to last longer---get one!

#7 ·
Yeah that's what I figured. I want to get one because I live in Southern Mississippi which means very hot and humid weather. I also drive very hard so I think it would be a very good investment for me.

I can get you a play by play on the whole install if you need. Just let me know.
If you can give me the info I will definately put it to good use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.