Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i keep traction control turned OFF until I want to use it? if i turn it off, then stop the car, it's ON again the next time i'm driving...

confused me when i couldn't make it skid for 30 ft. again yesterday :D realized that tcs was on...

·
Registered
88 Posts
M|22 said:
how can i keep traction control turned OFF until I want to use it? if i turn it off, then stop the car, it's ON again the next time i'm driving...

confused me when i couldn't make it skid for 30 ft. again yesterday :D realized that tcs was on...

As far as I am aware, TCS will be on everytime you turn on your car.. you just have to turn it off everytime. Oh well.. guess that's why you save a little money on insurance.. ;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
M|22 said:

Like all those other annoying warning lights, I just duke tape over them. Out of sight out of mind. :D

·
Registered
268 Posts
It is for safety reasons.... It has just become standard practice for me, start the car, hit the button to disable the tcs... Winter is coming so the tcs will be staying on for me real soon:(

·
Friends of ours...
1,348 Posts
Anyone know if you can add traction control after purchase?

Hardcore, do you know?

How well does it work? Why do you turn it off?

Curious minds want to know. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
OhTwoAltimaSE said:
Anyone know if you can add traction control after purchase?

Hardcore, do you know?

How well does it work? Why do you turn it off?

Curious minds want to know. :)
It works well, I've never had it before, really needed it in my last car. It helps the tires grip in wet weather, so when you try and pull away from a stop on wet pavement, you actually move instead of spinning tires while inching out into the road, making yourself a sitting duck. Don't need it on dry roads, unless you DON"T want to peel out! :D Don't know about adding it.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only use it in wet/incliment weather. The rest of the time I want to hear the power I have...

·
Registered
178 Posts
lizzy494 said:
It works well, I've never had it before, really needed it in my last car. It helps the tires grip in wet weather, so when you try and pull away from a stop on wet pavement, you actually move instead of spinning tires while inching out into the road, making yourself a sitting duck. Don't need it on dry roads, unless you DON"T want to peel out! :D Don't know about adding it.
My guess is there is no snow where you are. Your lucky. ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'd have to ship it twice....to make the 6 in request:D

·
Registered
641 Posts
Traction Control

Why not just leave the traction control on? I tried it both ways and the car doesn`t pull as much to the right when it is on.

The car is better on wet surfaces and safer too!:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts