Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I own a 2012 ex-Japan T-31 Nissan X-Trail. When I drive over I rumble strips or a rough road where the vehicle will vibrate, the traction control light comes on, the check engine light comes on and the throttle becomes unresponsive which causes the vehicle to slow down almost to a halt. This also happens when doing a cold start on very cold mornings. This has happened even when driving on uneven road surfaces. I’ve solved the problem in the past by disconnecting one battery terminal and reconnecting then restarting the vehicle. On cold days I let the engine run for 5 minutes before restarting. Usually the vehicle runs normally until the next time I drive over uneven road surfaces quick (>80kph). The vehicle has been checked severally and there are no error codes. There are signs on the left front side of the vehicle that it has been in an accident most probably in its prior life in Japan where the front left side was damaged and repaired. Happy to hear from anyone that may advise on how to rid myself of this issue.

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,880 Posts
The vehicle has been checked severally and there are no error codes. There are signs on the left front side of the vehicle that it has been in an accident most probably in its prior life in Japan where the front left side was damaged and repaired. Happy to hear from anyone that may advise on how to rid myself of this issue.
One main reason that a check engine light comes on with no code being stored is that the OBD scanner being used is a low-level device. However sometimes it's the result of something being wrong with the OBD scanner that the driver, parts store, or mechanic shop is using.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts