Nissan Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
wont go any faster?
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
i read up a little on the sittuation and i still have a few questions. my 50shot plan was going to be a dry kit wich is why the shot is so small. and as i was reading the sticky on the *nitrous help* it talks about getting a A/F gauge but from my understanding these gauges dont work that well people talked about it just reading all over the place and not accurate..think they said something to do with a type of 02 sensor.if some one could shed light on that for me that would be great. i had looked into a zex nitrous kit where you put the foot to the floor it shoots but my ? is some of you people are probably like me as soon as the tires quit spinning im on the floor. but i dont want it to shoot in first how does that setup work exactly

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Skoodles said:
i read up a little on the sittuation and i still have a few questions. my 50shot plan was going to be a dry kit wich is why the shot is so small. and as i was reading the sticky on the *nitrous help* it talks about getting a A/F gauge but from my understanding these gauges dont work that well people talked about it just reading all over the place and not accurate..think they said something to do with a type of 02 sensor.if some one could shed light on that for me that would be great. i had looked into a zex nitrous kit where you put the foot to the floor it shoots but my ? is some of you people are probably like me as soon as the tires quit spinning im on the floor. but i dont want it to shoot in first how does that setup work exactly
you are now far beyond a plug and play setup really. A DRY kit doe not inject additional fuel, our injectors are so small you would have them maxed out in no time and be blowing up your motor. JWT offers a nitrous module for their ECU's that if you really want to do it correctly that is the way you should go. Also because a manual transmission is not electronically controlled you would have to do a JWT setup programmed not to engage before a certain speed, or the speed at which you shift to second. More trouble than it's worth IMHO. Or you could just use an arming switch and not arm it until second gear.

We get back to a point of how cost effective it is to do things correctly, I personally say that if you want to do it cheaply just get a Zex Kit. I have personally seena 55shot zex kit on an auto GA and it made about 35 more WHP on the dyno.

·
Registered
98 Posts
wes said:
our injectors are so small you would have them maxed out in no time and be blowing up your motor.
could you run a 55 dry shot without maxing out the injectors?? because maybe thats why im having so any problems

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
PSr_SEX-R said:
could you run a 55 dry shot without maxing out the injectors?? because maybe thats why im having so any problems
You have an SE-R right? It's obvious you do not have a lot of experience with nitrous/fuel systems. Just because your injectors have the potential to flow enough fuel to support the added power/nitrous does not mean they are injecting more fuel. You have to have something tell the injectors to add more fuel when the nitrous is activated. This is what a wet kit does it ads fuel along with the nitrous. You can alo use another means like an ECU programmed for nitrous.

·
Registered
98 Posts
wes said:
You have an SE-R right? It's obvious you do not have a lot of experience with nitrous/fuel systems. Just because your injectors have the potential to flow enough fuel to support the added power/nitrous does not mean they are injecting more fuel. You have to have something tell the injectors to add more fuel when the nitrous is activated. This is what a wet kit does it ads fuel along with the nitrous. You can alo use another means like an ECU programmed for nitrous.

no just the 1.6 and i have the zex kit which hooks up to the fuel regulator and controls it that way. so i was under the impresstion that it wasnt needed for a reprogrammed ECU

·
Registered
98 Posts
wes said:
Sorry man your calling it a dry kit when it adds fuel. Either way your doing it better than you originally led us to believe....

What gap are you at on your plugs and what heat range are you running. Oh and where in WI are you?

two step colder ngks the ones that are about $12 a pice.
.350 i do believe

i live in a small town called omro the closest city to that some people might know is Oshkosh thats only 8 miles east of Omro. other wise 60mi south of Green Bay

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
PSr_SEX-R said:
two step colder ngks the ones that are about $12 a pice.
.350 i do believe

i live in a small town called omro the closest city to that some people might know is Oshkosh thats only 8 miles east of Omro. other wise 60mi south of Green Bay
I hope that's .0325... You may want to close them up a bit and see how it feels maybe .030 and let it rip.

That's cool I live in Kenosha and autocross in Milwaukee.

·
Registered
98 Posts
wes said:
I hope that's .0325... You may want to close them up a bit and see how it feels maybe .030 and let it rip.

That's cool I live in Kenosha and autocross in Milwaukee.
all right ill have to try that!!!

yeah i have been to Kenosha a few times

21 - 32 of 32 Posts