Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
wont go any faster?
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 95 200sx 1.6l manual. i have a 4puck clutch high pressure pressure plate lightened flyhweel. im getting my full exausht 2" with hotshot header. and cai soon too. and im thinking about putting in a 50 shot of nitrous. and im a pretty good driver. if i ran it at a 1/4 mile track what is a good estimate on times i see stock times are around mid 17s if i remember correctly. i wanna be in the low 14s that would make me happy n/a but its probably a long goal. what do yall think the out come will be? i seen some time slips but none with nitrous pas
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
lmao low 14s? I don't think you'll see that on a 50 shot. If you can drive, you might see low 15s.
 

·
wont go any faster?
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chimmike said:
lmao low 14s? I don't think you'll see that on a 50 shot. If you can drive, you might see low 15s.
well the low 14s said n/a wich im not done yet i still wanna get the jwt cams and ur pulley and the ecu. maybe after driving my car for a while and i feel more confident ill pull it up to 75 shot i saw a guy under the nitrous section say he did it and ran 4bottles already and its all fine. but you say this might set me mid to low 15s id be happy with it.
 

·
Wise Cracker
Joined
·
5,730 Posts
Skoodles said:
well the low 14s said n/a wich im not done yet i still wanna get the jwt cams and ur pulley and the ecu. maybe after driving my car for a while and i feel more confident ill pull it up to 75 shot i saw a guy under the nitrous section say he did it and ran 4bottles already and its all fine. but you say this might set me mid to low 15s id be happy with it.
Of course this is all driver dependant. Traction will be an issue here. I;d say a 50 shot and IHE/cams/ECU will get you in to the low 15's if driven properly, maybe high 14's with slicks. You would need to see a 60' time at or below 2.2 to really be getting somewhere.
 

·
Right By DA Beach....
Joined
·
1,842 Posts
I had the exact set-up that you want everything that you just listed...I also ran a 50 and 65 shot of nitrous...It ran very good, it was what I expected out of it...Now its time to move on and make some real HP...:)
 

·
wont go any faster?
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nuskool said:
I had the exact set-up that you want everything that you just listed...I also ran a 50 and 65 shot of nitrous...It ran very good, it was what I expected out of it...Now its time to move on and make some real HP...:)
whats the biggest shot you can put on our car with out hurting it the most i would put is 75 cause my tranny has a pretty good amount of miles on it so i dont want to hurt. and i did see a guy that said he ran 75 with 4bottles no problem so then how mutch would the max be
 

·
Right By DA Beach....
Joined
·
1,842 Posts
depends on the mods.... With the mods that I had I wouldnt go over 65...You also need to upgrade plugs...
 

·
wont go any faster?
Joined
·
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nuskool said:
depends on the mods.... With the mods that I had I wouldnt go over 65...You also need to upgrade plugs...
i read some where about getting colder plugs and retarding the timing like 3*
and as for tires im running these they arnt drag tires but they sure to launch off the line pretty good


 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
how much nitrous on a 1.6l

Skoodles said:
i got a 95 200sx 1.6l manual. i have a 4puck clutch high pressure pressure plate lightened flyhweel. im getting my full exausht 2" with hotshot header. and cai soon too. and im thinking about putting in a 50 shot of nitrous. and im a pretty good driver. if i ran it at a 1/4 mile track what is a good estimate on times i see stock times are around mid 17s if i remember correctly. i wanna be in the low 14s that would make me happy n/a but its probably a long goal. what do yall think the out come will be? i seen some time slips but none with nitrous pas
you can run a good amount dry i havent tryed a wet shot yet my dry shot is 130hp with an auto tranny and 150000 miles on my motor
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Skoodles said:
whats the biggest shot you can put on our car with out hurting it the most i would put is 75 cause my tranny has a pretty good amount of miles on it so i dont want to hurt. and i did see a guy that said he ran 75 with 4bottles no problem so then how mutch would the max be
ive got 130 0n my 1.6l dry shot
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
I call complete and utter BS running a 130 shot.

maybe a 30 shot getting you 130hp total, but not a 130shot.

sounds to me you don't know what you're doing....and people like you should run WET.
 

·
Right By DA Beach....
Joined
·
1,842 Posts
I ran a 65 shot and could feal it breaking up a little...To me the best shot to run is a 55.... 130 most sr20's cant run that much but w/e
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
running a dry shot doesn't even get the best amount of power anyways...as all you're doing is dumping in chemical air without adding extra fuel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
i have only bad luck with dry 55 shots. i went threw one engine and a cracked piston. and i know for a fact that everything was done correctly, go with the wet system. im going to try the dry shot once more when spring comes around but i alread have enough money saved up for some new rings and other things that will probaly brake again. :(

oh and if you have any tips let me know
 

·
Nitrous Junkie
Joined
·
252 Posts
mikecraft said:
ive got 130 0n my 1.6l dry shot
I am the second one to call a BS. I agree with mike the only way i would even atempt that is with a progessive nitrous unit. if you run 130 dry shot u WILL blow the engine.......

traction will be your major issue.... i spin all of 1st and hook at the end of 2nd ( auto tranny ). you need slicks and mounts if not you will breaking axels all day. and you wont even begin to see those times.

you need to read up on nitrous.... Plugs and ignition retard are a must

Nuskool
you were running a 65 dry shot thats why you felt if break up.

75 shot wet pulls strong all the way till redline.

Also make sure you get a bottle warmer and purge the lines before getting on the track and also no spraying if your bottle pressure is not above 900lbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Bryan200sx said:
you need slicks and mounts if not you will breaking axels all day.
Break axels on a 55 or 65 shot? or do you mean on a 130 shot..... cause the runs i had before my problems i didnt have to worry about axels or engine mounts
 

·
Nitrous Junkie
Joined
·
252 Posts
75shot

if you spray off the line on stock mounts your axels will suffer. plus if he is using slicks he will put alot of stress on his axels.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Bryan200sx said:
75shot

if you spray off the line on stock mounts your axels will suffer. plus if he is using slicks he will put alot of stress on his axels.
ok just making sure i wasnt missing anything
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top