Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys.
im writing for i need sum easy cheep mods to be able to beat my bro's r32 skyline.
his car is a r32 rb25det, with his mods he has 216rwkw
mi car is the ca18det 180sx, completly stock (i know thats why i get smoked)
any info on sum good power increasing mods would be much appreiated.
i have a front mount and a 2.5" exahust coming,but where to go from their?

·
Registered
347 Posts
zimmerman said:
hey guys.
im writing for i need sum easy cheep mods to be able to beat my bro's r32 skyline.
his car is a r32 rb25det, with his mods he has 216rwkw
mi car is the ca18det 180sx, completly stock (i know thats why i get smoked)
any info on sum good power increasing mods would be much appreiated.
i have a front mount and a 2.5" exahust coming,but where to go from their?
Underdrive Pulley. Should be the same as the 240sx KA pulley.
Get More Cold air to that Intake by bringing it out front more or using the Dryer hose( the stuff that is on the clothes dryer to get the heat out of the house) ducting from the front lower lip up to the Air filter.
These 2 will give you a good 10HP at the wheels. That's at least .1 - .2 fast in the strip.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can get a manual boost controller quite cheap (under $100) which with a front mount intercooler and exhaust should be good for another 40+ bhp.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if i attach a boost controler,how much can i up the boost? i dnt have a boost metre and i think it boosts at 7psi standard?

·
Registered
347 Posts
zimmerman said:
if i attach a boost controler,how much can i up the boost? i dnt have a boost metre and i think it boosts at 7psi standard?
The internals are very strong in the CA and I would go 10psi. Anymore than that, I would check to ensure I have no gasket or bleeding of air thru valves etc.. Also, with an HKS boost controller and Air/Fuel controller, you could squeeeeeeze out that 10psi at correct fuel mix.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i just purchesed a turbo smart vee-port blowoff valve an a boost controler. does anyone actual know the standard boost the ca18det puts out?
does any1 have a 180sx ca18det or sumthing very similar,with round 216rwkw at the wheels? info on the mods you did to get this power would be apperiated :)
keepin in mind the power to weight ratio,wot power (in kw if possible) would i need to beat this r32 rb25det rwd 216rwkw at the wheels?

·
Registered
347 Posts
zimmerman said:
i just purchesed a turbo smart vee-port blowoff valve an a boost controler. does anyone actual know the standard boost the ca18det puts out?
does any1 have a 180sx ca18det or sumthing very similar,with round 216rwkw at the wheels? info on the mods you did to get this power would be apperiated :)
keepin in mind the power to weight ratio,wot power (in kw if possible) would i need to beat this r32 rb25det rwd 216rwkw at the wheels?
go to the Silvia/200sx Ausi N.Z. sites they have LOTS of info.

·
Pivot 180
2,258 Posts
CA has a 7psi wastegate. Run 10psi max for track on standard intercooler. Put in that front mount and boost it to 12psi. You could also run a manual water spray to reduce intercooler heat soak.
Next step id suggest depends on how much money you have to spend. If you are on a budget you can get a T28 and even out the mix with an SAFC. It wont be spot on but it will be drivable. Otherwise go the distance with a GT25 series turbo and injectors, AFM and a retune.
For track id suggest going the smaller T28 for fast spooling and spending money on suspension bits. Get your camber right and get a castor adjust kit and some good tyres. Sway bars, strut bars and bush replacements are also good. If you cant pull him down in the straights you will kill him in the corners.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wot size tyres shud i get? or shud i say width? i was thinkin 255 or maybe biggr,i want the grip round corners! i haven brought rims yet,il pprobly go with 17(times)8" hehe therz no times symbol.

·
Registered
347 Posts
zimmerman said:
wot size tyres shud i get? or shud i say width? i was thinkin 255 or maybe biggr,i want the grip round corners! i haven brought rims yet,il pprobly go with 17(times)8" hehe therz no times symbol.
I run the NS5R Nismo Racing Rims on +35 offset at 16". The 200sx/180sx/Silvia/240sx was setup for 16's on the dwg board. I run Bridgestone Potenza S03's at 205/55 on front and 225/50 on rears. It works the best for me in all situations. I used to run Track/AutoX and play occasionally on 1/2 miles straights. For handling the torque and wieght I run with KVR crossdrilled rotors, steel braided lines, KVR Carbon/Kevlar fibre pads. Cusco D front Strut and O adjustable rear Strut bar. Nismo shifter with short throw, CenterForce Dual clutch, stock VLSD. Tokico Blue struts/shocks with Tokico Red springs. I only run straight line in the high 14's for the drag, as I have it set to really turn on while rolling. It was after all my Track car and not meant to do a stoplight run or go grocery shopping. Unless the Grocery store was on turn 6 after the chicane. :)
OH, and it is an KA24DE NA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts