Nissan Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am asking if anyone ever had their TPMS sensors replaced by a dealer. If so, how much did it cost for parts and labor? I am trying to get a rough estimate of what I would pay for a replacement, specifically for a 2010 Nissan Armada. Thanks in advance.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
10,489 Posts
You are better off just getting new TPMS sensors from Rockauto.com and have a shop that replaces tires install them. You can get Shrader TPMS sensors # 28204 for $24 each; Shrader makes many of the Nissan TPMS sensors that are installed at the factory. Denso is also a good choice. You can actually do the programming yourself; easiest way is to pick up a TPMS trigger tool, like the one pictured, for under $20. The TPMS diagnostic connector is a white, 2-pin connector with a single wire that is mounted not far from the OBD II diagnostic connector under the driver's side of the dash (it'll usually be taped to the harness with blue electrical tape). If you ground that wire and turn the key to on, the TPMS warning light will flash 2-digit trouble codes, if any, using long and short flashes. If you turn the key on and tap the wire to ground 6 times in 10 seconds, it will put it into "ID register mode" and the TPMS warning light will flash. Go to the left front tire valve, hold the end of the trigger tool next to the tire near the tire valve and press the button on the tool. When that TPMS sensor is registered to the BCM, the exterior lights will flash. Next, in order, repeat the process at the right front wheel, right rear and the left rear wheel. When done, turn the key off. You can also do it without the trigger tool by varying the tire pressures and going for a drive over 25 MPH until the warning light turns solid, but that's a bit of a hassle compared to using the trigger tool and you may need the trigger tool, anyway, to "wake up" the new sensors. There are YouTube vids on the procedure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts