Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car (automatic) was almost towed (boo, hoo, hoo, pity me...). Anyway...the *ock *ucker had the chains hooked up to the tow hooks on the back of my car when I arrived at the scene. :mad: So to make a long story short, I asked him: "I have a question for you. How did you plan on towing my car (onto a flat bed) while it was in"P?" The mofo said "Not a problem, we do it all the time."

Wouldn't this break the parking pawl? Well in retrospect I guess not because he's a "professional" towing operator but still towing a car while in "P" seems awfully brutal to me. What do y'all think?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Never underestimate the stupidity of people, even if it's their job. :p Even if he was correct, you should still have the right to ask him to tow it in neutral with the drive wheels off the ground. It's your car!

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well it was illegally parked so that's why it was about to be dragged in "P" onto his flat bed truck. I just happened to walk out and catch him before he did it.

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
if your illegally parked what did you expect. It isnt his job to put it in nuetral, its yours to not park it in a tow zone. I'm not bieng a dick, but its just the guys job.

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DryBoy said:
if your illegally parked what did you expect.
The purpose of the post wasn't to debate/whine about my parking decisions, I just wanted to know how it's possible to tow a car in "P" without damage.

·
Tampa SR20
277 Posts
city of chicago does it all the time...tows in park...unless you need the tow...but if you are park in a wrong spot..they will drag it on the flat bed or just use a wrecker and crack your front spoiler and say they found it like that when they towed it...happed to a friend..thats why i dont do it..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts