Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i scored a parys truck, identical to mine. 95 king cab v6. can i tow with the dolly that raises the front tires. i wouldn' t have to disconnect the driveshaft or anything would i? last time i used a flat deck from uhaul with my van.

·
Registered
120 Posts
yea, just go the opposite way towards the dolly to get the rear tires up.

Or am i missing what your saying?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think you are asking if the rear end can be damaged from towing while tilted up in front. I am not sure with this model but some vehicles (most I know are older American cars) leave the pinion shaft bearings un-oiled while tilted like that. It was because the oil of course tilted back too and could not get splashed on the bearing.

I have in the past filled the rear end with more fluid (find the cheapest you can if not going far) to the fill line while the truck is on the dolly. This would keep oil at the bearing. Anyone help this guy or done this on a D21?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya, that's exactly what i mean. sorry if it was unclear. i had posted my question via cell phone, and i'm still getting used to that. those uhaul dolly's don't really seem to raise the fronts very much, but adding extra fluid certainly wouldn't hurt. so you think i should be ok with just addin' a bit of fluid and towing it with the front facing forward?

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts