Nissan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm a proud owner of a 2002 SE-R spec V. I know some things about cars, but not enough to hold an indepth conversation w/ people who do. I was recently thinking about turbocharging my car, but the engine is really weak, and not strong enough to hold much boost, if any w/o cracking pistons, etc. I know that I would have to get better valve springs, and new piston rings/pistons, but if anybody could give me any clue as how to make the QR25 strong enough to handle moderate levels of psi, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanx.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
lbcklik1486 said:
Hi, I'm a proud owner of a 2002 SE-R spec V. I know some things about cars, but not enough to hold an indepth conversation w/ people who do. I was recently thinking about turbocharging my car, but the engine is really weak, and not strong enough to hold much boost, if any w/o cracking pistons, etc. I know that I would have to get better valve springs, and new piston rings/pistons, but if anybody could give me any clue as how to make the QR25 strong enough to handle moderate levels of psi, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanx.
should handle 250 WHP with no issues.... more than that and you'll need at least rods and forged pistons... but for that kind of money spare your qr25 untill we know for sure and drop a sr20det in for the mean time it should handle 400 whp with out any mods...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts