Nissan Forum banner

What mod would you do first to an automatic transmission? (Street Driven w/ Budget)

• Torque Converter w/ Transmission Cooler (@ $400)

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Valvebody Upgrade (Valvebody Reprogramming) (@ $600)

Votes: 3 42.9%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a poll to see how many of you would want a torque converter w/ transmission cooler (@$400) or a valvebody upgrade (@$600) as the first modification to an automatic transmission (street driven w/ budget).

Choices:

1. Torque Converter w/ Transmission Cooler
2. Valvebody Upgrade (Valvebody Reprogramming)

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
What the???? Torque converter AND cooler for $400???? From where?? I just ordered mine from Andre this week for $450 (including shipping and core). $400 is a great deal man!!! After I install my converter, I'm gonna do the valve body... Dan, I hope I catch you on AIM....we need to talk. :D

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Notice I put @ (about) before the $400. ;) It's just an example price for the straight comparison to the valvebody upgrade, not including labor / shipping / cores.

Andre, you got a good deal at $450 (including shipping and core). Andre is a great businessman and I am sure he will not overcharge anyone.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Yeah, he's a cool guy...we spoke many times before I got it, and instead of giving me what I wanted (3500 rpm stall), he explained what would work best (3000) because a higher stall cuts down your top speed efficiency. Very cool guy. :cool:

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hey Altimate, where did you do your valve body upgrade?

·
Registered
220 Posts
andre said:
Hey Altimate, where did you do your valve body upgrade?
this is where i went...........great shop...............
Maximum Tuning
Glen Cove, NY
ask for Jeff

-Robb-

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What stage or upgrades does he do to his valvebodies? For Example: Full blown racing manual valvebody, street recalibrated valvebody, etc...

·
Registered
220 Posts
he can do whatever u want............. street/strip, full race..........i didnt want full race b/c its my daily driver so i got it in b/w street/strip and race...............

-Robb-

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's Awesome! :) Could you please email me ([email protected]) that contact information and any details you can give me about the guy (where's Glen Cove, what else does he sell, etc)? I'll archive that email until I start building my next Sentra.

Thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I've heard about Maximum Tuning...there was a group deal on B15sentra.net for their valvebody mod a while ago. I dont know where they are or anything though. Do they do their own installs? I gotta install my torque converter.....just got it today. :)

By the way altimate, where in NYC are you?

·
Registered
220 Posts
andre said:
I've heard about Maximum Tuning...there was a group deal on B15sentra.net for their valvebody mod a while ago. I dont know where they are or anything though. Do they do their own installs? I gotta install my torque converter.....just got it today. :)

By the way altimate, where in NYC are you?
yeah, they do everything................its a small shop out in Long Island............the owner Jeff is madd cool..............i still need to get my TC installed also, its expensive tho............and im from Flushing out in the Q-Boro:D

-Robb-

·
Registered
220 Posts
dho said:
That's Awesome! :) Could you please email me ([email protected]) that contact information and any details you can give me about the guy (where's Glen Cove, what else does he sell, etc)? I'll archive that email until I start building my next Sentra.

Thanks!

Dan
you've got mail:cool:

·
Dan the car meet man
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you! Talk to you guys later, gotta go study for exams...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I just got quoted $300 for the converter install....I'm trying to find a better deal. Oh, and thats at a shop close to me...I'm gonna try to call Maximum tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The torque converter actually works.....for a long time I was skeptical, but now I cant even get the full effect of it....the wheels keep skipping so I back off. Cant wait till spring or summer when the roads heat up again....:D

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I did it at Andersen Transmission...a couple of blocks from me... for $300. Maximum wanted $350, and he would do the valvebody for me at a later date for the group price...that was cool, but if I took the car and left it in LI for 5 hours, I would have no way to get home, or get back to the car.

Hey Robb, we should hook up one day....whats up?

·
Registered
220 Posts
andre said:
I did it at Andersen Transmission...a couple of blocks from me... for $300. Maximum wanted $350, and he would do the valvebody for me at a later date for the group price...that was cool, but if I took the car and left it in LI for 5 hours, I would have no way to get home, or get back to the car.

Hey Robb, we should hook up one day....whats up?
nice.............where do u usually chill...........ill meet up.........i want to pick up one of those calendars too.............

1 - 20 of 35 Posts