Nissan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has put one of the TORNADO Air Insert into their car. I was talking to a mechanic and they said that they really do help horse power as well as gas millage..... WE all know we need every little bit out of the Sentra so I was wondering if anyone has any imput. THANK YOU!! :givebeer:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the imput hahahahaha thats all you can say about that one huh??? hahaha This guy put one into an XB and it worked so I dunno what to think..... and once again:
:givebeer:

·
I WANT BOOST !!!
214 Posts
save your money and your time. there are plenty of proven mods to increase hp, go with one of them.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had one on my car and it helped. not a WHOLE LOT but it was noticeble. Saves a little gas. like I said nothing major, but i did see a small difference.

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
I had one on my car and it helped. not a WHOLE LOT but it was noticeble. Saves a little gas. like I said nothing major, but i did see a small difference.
would that be a negative affect? i havent heard anything good about those, honestly, they are a waste of money, and they dont help at all, any air that they could circulate would already lose the gains by the time it reaches the throttle body.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
KaRdoN said:
would that be a negative affect? i havent heard anything good about those, honestly, they are a waste of money, and they dont help at all, any air that they could circulate would already lose the gains by the time it reaches the throttle body.
well dont give your opinion until you have 1st hand knowledge. I had it and i did notice a difference. And it wasnt because i was expecting a difference either because i got it for christmas and i had heard about them before that people didnt think they worked. THEY DO

·
Locked and Loaded
1,227 Posts
meangreen200sx said:
well dont give your opinion until you have 1st hand knowledge. I had it and i did notice a difference. And it wasnt because i was expecting a difference either because i got it for christmas and i had heard about them before that people didnt think they worked. THEY DO
for some reason i refuse to believe that a little metal insert helps anything, now if it would actually circulate air, i might not say anything about it, but it doesnt work at all, its like what seth said, the placebo effect.

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
AnthMC said:
Thanks for the imput hahahahaha thats all you can say about that one huh??? hahaha This guy put one into an XB and it worked so I dunno what to think..... and once again:
]

I'm tellin ya for a fact he lied, it didn't work. Matter of fact he probably lost horsepower from it ;)

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
8,328 Posts
meangreen200sx said:

where's your before/after dyno slip? hmm?

They don't work, it's been proven. It's a flipping coke can sliced up and put in your intake pipe. Does nothing but cause turbulence and slow down flow.

·
Registered
111 Posts
chimmike said:

They don't work, it's been proven. It's a flipping coke can sliced up and put in your intake pipe. Does nothing but cause turbulence and slow down flow.

you got to admit though they took a lot of money and time to put into that stupid infomercial especially the little asian guy and how he shows you the old swirly water funnel with food die technique that right there would tell me why the hell would they demonstrate this with water and not an actual performance dyno :loser:

·
Registered
258 Posts
i dont know, i find it a waste of money. some people told me that it saves on gas . but power wise, i dont think so it will make a difference. i would though, like to test it out and see what it does and base it on my experience.

·
what?
2,704 Posts
People I know who have put them in claim higher gas mileage too. They usually travel on the highway then so are getting better mileage because they were doing more highway.
That and because they installed the thing they are paying closer attention to their actual mileage and think it's gone up for no reason other than they are paying attention to it.

Seth

·
My ass, your face
3,520 Posts
^same here, people who have put it on claim better gas mileage.....not power gains.

·
Registered
42 Posts
AnthMC said:
First off: Scion's are not cars
Secondly: He's lying

·
Registered
186 Posts
chimmike said:

U had one on your car, punk?? Didnt think so. So dont tell me that it doesnt work until you have tried it for your self. Second, If they didnt work, then they would be out of buisness by now, because people would realize that they dont work and stop buying them. They have been in buisness for quite some time and people are still buying them despite yall saying they dont work.

·