Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As an owner of a 98 200sx standard model.. I am constantly researching ways to increase the horse on my 115hp GA16. Obviously engine swapping or turbocharging will set anyone good, but what about the invididual lesser expensive changes you can do.

Horsepower

1. Cold Air Intake (10 hp) (150-300 $$)
2. CATBACK Full exhaust w exhaust tip (10 hp) (220-400$$)
3. High Performance Spark Plugs (3-5 hp) (25-40 $$)

Please add to the list of possible add-ons/conversions

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
200SXTREME said:
As an owner of a 98 200sx standard model.. I am constantly researching ways to increase the horse on my 115hp GA16. Obviously engine swapping or turbocharging will set anyone good, but what about the invididual lesser expensive changes you can do.

Horsepower

Please add to the list of possible add-ons/conversions
Check out www.sentra.net and see the section engine mods for dyno charts on all the popular mods.

Mike

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Yeah there is no way in hell you'll see those gains. If somebody can prove otherwise I'll do those mods right away!

·
Registered
205 Posts
The power gains are a bit liberal, maybe if you were thinking of crank hp gains they wouldn't be but not at the wheels. Plus you can add some other things like lightened flywheel, underdrive pullies, upgraded throttle, ecu, cams, headers (big gain on headers on virtually any car), basic tuning of the car (upgraded oil, advanced timing, etc), lighter wheels and better tires. This list could go on and on to the point of pretty much rebuilding the entire engine from suspsention to the block, hehe

·
Registered
249 Posts
right!!!!!!!

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
or u could do like im going to be doing over the next few months. get the crank shot peened and micropolished, arp rod bolts, either buy some custom rods or get stockers shot peened, 10.5:1 or 11.0:1 pistons, hs header, pr intake, se-r tb, upgrade mass air, dp nitrous 100 shot, 259 or 370cc injectors, 255lph fuel pump, fpr, bigger exhaust w/no cat, 4 puck clutch, lightened stock flywheel, head work..and whatever else i can think of. this is gonna take me atleast a year to do though.:(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Katana200sx said:
or u could do like im going to be doing over the next few months. get the crank shot peened and micropolished, arp rod bolts, either buy some custom rods or get stockers shot peened, 10.5:1 or 11.0:1 pistons, hs header, pr intake, se-r tb, upgrade mass air, dp nitrous 100 shot, 259 or 370cc injectors, 255lph fuel pump, fpr, bigger exhaust w/no cat, 4 puck clutch, lightened stock flywheel, head work..and whatever else i can think of. this is gonna take me atleast a year to do though.:(
:eek: Thats gonna cost mad $$$$$$$$$. Good luck :) .

·
NF's Offical Post Whore
1,972 Posts
You can save all your money from those upgrades and just buy a better engine. Thats my route.

·
P.O.S. Truckdriver
2,070 Posts
for the money id spend in putting an sr20 in my car..i could either buy a classic se-r or build my engine how i want to. if i got a sr20 powered car id be doing asically the same thing to it as i will this engine. so i actually am saving money in the long run. too no one has done anything w/the ga

·
your mom goes to college
57 Posts
quick question:

what's the stock hp to the wheels of the sr20de engine?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Horsepower

:D :D :D :D

Maybe in your dreams, you would get that much horsepower, with all that you might get 3hp at the wheels.

your best bet if you want a ga16de to be quick you need a turbo, adds 80whp.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
For real?...thats not too bad...not like being rated 115 and getting 80+.

·
Registered
32 Posts
yep go to hotshot.com and it will show you all the specs, they have a dino chart too. 80whp a 7 psi. its rated up to 18psi I think.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts