Nissan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
does anyone know where i can find all the parts ill need to do a top end rebuild depending on prices all i can really afford right now are stock parts. My car developed a knock on the way home tonight that i at first thought was a rod knock but im not sure casue it seems to run pretty smooth to be a rod, it stalls when you come to a stop but if u can keep it running it will idle smooth, the knock is not constant but when it comes its pretty loud, hoping that i only maybe bent a push rod, or threw the timing or somehting the motor is a ka24de in a 91 240 hatch. Any info on the possible problem, places to find parts stock/aftermarket is greatly apperciated thanks a tons guys.

Kevin

·
KA24DET
1,000 Posts
slideways240sx said:
does anyone know where i can find all the parts ill need to do a top end rebuild depending on prices all i can really afford right now are stock parts. My car developed a knock on the way home tonight that i at first thought was a rod knock but im not sure casue it seems to run pretty smooth to be a rod, it stalls when you come to a stop but if u can keep it running it will idle smooth, the knock is not constant but when it comes its pretty loud, hoping that i only maybe bent a push rod, or threw the timing or somehting the motor is a ka24de in a 91 240 hatch. Any info on the possible problem, places to find parts stock/aftermarket is greatly apperciated thanks a tons guys.

Kevin
I wonder if your knock isn't just one of the KA's other common, but not unrepairable ghastly noises.
If you absolutely need a rebuild, kits are available at most major auto parts stores... Autozone, etc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bridrive55 said:
I wonder if your knock isn't just one of the KA's other common, but not unrepairable ghastly noises.
Its LOUD definitly somehting wrong the motor lost just about all its power and barely drug itself home ill ahve to try to get to autozone n see what its gonan run me

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
slideways240sx said:
Its LOUD definitly somehting wrong the motor lost just about all its power and barely drug itself home ill ahve to try to get to autozone n see what its gonan run me
definately a broken wrist pin and not something easy to replace so you need to look for a new motor or just rebuild that one

Don

·
Registered
189 Posts
Man its striking everyone... Same thing happend to me. If you let it keep going the car will start to smoke bad. Mine did the same thing.

If your going to rebuild or get a used engine. Perfect time to look for swap to SR20 :thumbup: What I did. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i looked into doing the sr20 swap but im not into eletronics at all so im not to sure i could handle that part and i have to get the car back on the road as soon as possible

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well if you want the car back a.s.a.p. a rebuild isn't the way to go, it takes time to rebuild... you have to rip apart the whole engine to replace a wrist pin... if you need a car right away, I would actually spend like 300 bucks and pick up a beater for now...then when you can get the money for stronger parts, you can rebuild. I know how it is to want your 240 back on the road asap, but sometimes you have to give in and be patient...

Also, I have the same exact problem w/ my 93 240 hatch... so aparantly this is a common thing in these cars...sad really

1 - 8 of 8 Posts