Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

I was on my way to the dinner last night when a tinted 300M rolled down his window next to me. What surprised me was a 16-18 yr old driving a thing like that, and from the looks of the car, it looked like it was his...

Anyways, back to my story. I remember from one of these forums that one of you said NOT to race one of those 300M's cuz they're freaking fast. Thanks to my curiousity, I wanted to see how "freakin fast" they were compare to a Spec V thats broken in with a semi-skilled driver ;)

Light turns green and we went with open lanes ahead. It was pretty even in the beginning. But I got a nose on him when I shift to second. By the time I was in 4th gear (around 60-70mph), that 300M was a good 1 1/2- 2 car lengths behind me.

My women HATES it when I race. but for some odd reason she told me to "smoke'em"!?! No matter if I win or lose that time. Knowing that my women actually have some fun and interest (As will as support to a certain extend) really made my day. Beating that 300M was a plus (And a booast to my ego) :)

Food for thought?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Nice kill.. although you know that car weighs almost 800 pounds more then your car. Having those 250 Hp is nice, but at 3600 lbs.. :( If you ever feel like racing a 3.5.. let me know..I only have 240 HP ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Let me get a blower b4 I take on ur 3.5. I KNOW how quick they are (Test drove one and almost bought that instead of the Spec V. Interior was disappointing and $26 K was outta my price range). Its soooo slick on the outside though... Is ur 3.5 a auto? I counldn't find one with a stick anywhere :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nice Kill.....300M is not that quick SPec V should spank it all day. 250 hp but bad gearing, very heavy, and its a POS Chrysler. Only thing worse than a 300m is a 300M special it has special 18" rims, fake carbon fiber dash kit and a whole 5hp more to the Fly wheel.OHHHHHHH so special.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hey...just make sure you don't mess with one of those big "porkers" from a 60+mph roll......you WILL lose unless you 've got some goodies. At speeds like these it's all about horsepower with weight being MUCH less of an issue. Not to mention the fact that a sport package 300M (without the silly 118mph governor) will pull all the way to 140mph given the room........that's more than any N/A SE-R will pull without lots of $$ sunk into it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think I'll race anything on the top end unless i'm on the strips. Its way too dangerous to be doing that on the streets IMO. I slow down after 70 on the streets and 100 on the highway regardless if I'm winning or losing. Getting caught or getting someone else or myself killed is not worth it.

But you're right, once those "Porkers" get their momenteum going weight won't play as big of an issue. But if I'm gonna be stuck in a n/a 4 banger it might as well be the Spec V ;)

BTW, can anyone tell me what restricts the Spec V from handling more that 260-270 hp? Not including the usual rods and pistons, but is it a chassis issue?

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Weak ring lands, weak valve springs, weak rods... there's more but that's a few good reasons.

·
Registered
254 Posts
but hey, if your able to get 250whp outa the QR reliably, and thats IF, then youve got yourself an amazingly fast ride. nothing outrageous like you see with the SRs, but something that would beat everything but high priced sports cars.

anyone know how to roughly calculate the 1/4 in a spec w/250whp?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts