Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nissan Ninja
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be exaggerating a little bit but it feels like I have atlest 6 inches of play before my clutch disengages when I push it it. I'm guessing I could just tighten up the cable or whatever, BUT the cruise control kicks off when I push it in like an inch, so with it tightened would I lose the ability to cruise?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
jeff9nissan said:
I might be exaggerating a little bit but it feels like I have atlest 6 inches of play before my clutch disengages when I push it it. I'm guessing I could just tighten up the cable or whatever, BUT the cruise control kicks off when I push it in like an inch, so with it tightened would I lose the ability to cruise?
No adjust it out, and if you have that much play you may need to replace the cable...

·
Nissan Ninja
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, i was exaggerating. i measured and it was more like 1.5 inches. I followed the instructions in my repair/maintenance manual. I think I may have taken out too much play though. I now get like a winding up sound when I excellerate. Reminds me of a turbo but much softer. Also, there was a really nasty smell coming from the passenger front wheel well. This is also the side that the sound comes from. Could this mean I took out too much play and the clutch isn't fully engaging?

·
Registered
19 Posts
jeff9nissan said:
Ok, i was exaggerating. i measured and it was more like 1.5 inches. I followed the instructions in my repair/maintenance manual. I think I may have taken out too much play though. I now get like a winding up sound when I excellerate. Reminds me of a turbo but much softer. Also, there was a really nasty smell coming from the passenger front wheel well. This is also the side that the sound comes from. Could this mean I took out too much play and the clutch isn't fully engaging?
i get that too sometimes maybe u went a little too far, the tranny on the driver's side but my wine is from the pass side too
wes please help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts