Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about the tokico strut/spring "Advanced Handling Kit"??? I found a pretty good price for it, but i have no idea on the quality and what others have experienced with them...

I've heard some good things about their shocks/struts... but i've never heard about them making springs... What do think?

·
Registered
321 Posts
The struts wear out fast (@20K) and the springs are too soft for the amount of lowering they give you........they'll feel good ona smooth raod, but hit a midcorner bump, and their drawbacks will become apparent.

·
0 Posts
for some strange reason they tend to have an uneven drop. I know of 3 people who have tokico springs and we all have the same problem..
the front drops about an inch more than the rear, it looks odd and makes the car oversteer more than stock.. time to cut a coil off the rear..

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not to be mean but are you sure it drops more in the front? Because the rear wheel well is lower than the front wheel well. But if your right then it's really weird why it would have an uneven lower.

·
0 Posts
brucek2 said:
Not to be mean but are you sure it drops more in the front? Because the rear wheel well is lower than the front wheel well. But if your right then it's really weird why it would have an uneven lower.
you know that doesn't make sense.... when a car is evenly dropped the rear tends to look more dropped because of the lower cut wells...

its not a bad spring overall.. feels softer than an H&R Sport, but more firm than Eibach's Pro kit

Q

·
0 Posts
brucek2 said:
What do you guys think about the tokico strut/spring "Advanced Handling Kit"??? I found a pretty good price for it, but i have no idea on the quality and what others have experienced with them...

I've heard some good things about their shocks/struts... but i've never heard about them making springs... What do think?
I have Eibach Prokits and Gaberial gas struts (lifetime warranty) so far I have over 10K miles and firm ride. Not bouncy like the Hondas and Acuras. My drop is 1.5", it is weird that the fronts have a wider wheel gap than the rears. Go figure.

·
0 Posts
I have been very pleased with the ride and performance of the Tokico struts/springs with minimal reduction in comfort level in my 88 Nissan 200SX XE. I installed them in the summer of '98 and took the car off the road in '99 to begin it's restoration journey. I will be putting in another set, strong enough to support the VG30E in stead of the CA20E currently installed, when I restore it.

·
Registered
188 Posts
i have been on tokico struts and springs for more than 25k.
the ride has been nice and tight since day one 'til now. true i only drive on the street. the hardest i ever push my is on Hwy 17 between san jose and santa cruz (Hwy 17 is a nice 10-20 min drive on a tight curvy mountain road to the beach) in some of the harder corners the springs do seem to be a little soft. still i like the ride, the drop and the look. ground control or the adjustable modivational set will be where i put my money next.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts