Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Wannabe Mod
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting rid of my 93 Xe for a 2k3 Vspec. I am tired of flooring it at the light and really "taking off' in my automatic. I drive with overdrive off, and leave the light shifting from first to second. 0-60 in like 20 secs or something. lol I built my own Sunburst Spec V on Nissan's site and it came to 19,864 fully loaded w/6-speed (autos suck) . My 93 is in pretty good condition, I dont treat it badly and it is garage kept. 2 owners, including me. What will the dealer give me for it (approx.) and how much should I ask for if i sell it in the classifieds? Does anyone know the Spec V's 0-60 times? Can this car smoke a 200sx? I saw a 200sx racing a early 90s mustang the other day and it was just a wheel well behind the mustang. I dont know if either of the cars are stock. Would it be possible for a Spec V to pass a 3.8 mustang if the V had a bunch of mods? A lot of people at my school have the 4.6s and 3.8s and I would really hate to have a brand new car that looks fast, to be beaten in its first race.

·
Registered
149 Posts
you could probably get about $2k for your car. I say if you got the cash and want to stay "in the family" go for the Spec V. But that's just my opinion. I'm stuck with mine until after I graduate, wish I had your options, I'd be rolling in a 96 300ZXTT.

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
How many miles on the XE? What options? I had to fight to get $1900 for my '93 5 spd XE that had 98K on it, Cruise and A/C, a few dings, a small rust spot, new tires, new CV axles, and new clutch. Interior was very clean as well. Car never leaked a drop, A/C was cold, ran smooth and quiet, I had synthetic fluid in the engine and tranny. Check www.edmunds.com for a trade in value and what you can sell it for privately. Then figure everyone, dealers or private buyer are going to try and lowball you. It sucks, you can sell someone a POS or a perfect running car, and it doesn't matter. Bloodsucking ticks want something for nothing. :rolleyes: :mad: Anyway, good luck with the whole process it can be fun but it can also be frustrating. I thought about a new car. Considered a Spec V, an '03 Tiburon, etc. but I realized what I wanted would be better suited in a B13 SE-R that I can do things to. Can't touch a new car without jeopardizing your warranty. So that's what I did. Bought my '93 SE-R and although it cost me $1600 after selling the XE, plus the additional $400+ I've put into since I got it, and more to go (A/C doesn't work) but I love the car and don't regret it at all. I regret not getting the car a little cheaper, but hey, you live and learn. That's what it's all about really.

·
Wannabe Mod
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My Xe is a 2 door auto, with am/fm/cassette, a/c, airbag, dark gray, cruise, overdrive, clock, pwr mirrors, gray on black interior, 101400 miles, never seriously wrecked (the only thing was a couple of years ago when another family member had the car, someone reversed an suv into the front bumper, it was not hit hard or anything, but the waterbottle had 2 be replaced, the bumper had a bit of paint peeling on it, but no cracks or dents. You wouldnt be able to tell it wasnt hit if it weren't for the paint. A few stains on the interior carpet and rear seat (the actual seat, not the back rest or the front seats) Some scratches and a pinky finger's length worth of rust on the driver's side rear wheel well, and a fingernail of rust on the driver's side tip of the hood. Had a brand new windshield installed summer of 2k1. The car runs and sounds like new. Thats all i could think of right now. I'll get an edmunds evaluation. Please give me an example estimate of what u would give if u were a pretend buyer. Thanks

·
Your electrical friend
2,177 Posts
As a potential buyer, I would check the outer cv joints, I'd look under the front end for any fluid leaks, I'd check all the lights operation. I'd look the engine over really good. I'd ask if it's been smoked in, in any accidents, had any body or paint work ever done on it. I'd check to make sure the A/C and heat work ok, look for door sag and taillight leak issues. Check how the tranny shifts how the lifters sound, look the exhaust over for any holes or excessive rust. Tire condition, how the braking feels. Then depending on what you're asking, but I'd probably offer $1700 for it. Edmunds says it's worth Jsut shy of $1600 trade in and $2100 private retail.

·
Wannabe Mod
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, i cant believe ur estimates, Edmunds gave me $1557 for trade in, and $2089 for a private sale. It has never been smoked in, and the tires are fine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts