Nissan Forum banner

To remove electric fan or not... that is the "?"

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  ProjectH213 
#1 ·
I have a ka24det motor and one of the first things i notice was this weard vacume sound. I know that theres nothing wrong with it. I just put in a customised intake and its great. I do know that the sound comes from the electrical fan. I wanted to know if it possible to take that fan of and if i did would it effect my car in any possible way. The fan is connected to the motor and just makes the vacume type of noise.

THAX
-ALEX.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
spec240sx said:
?????
What Electric FAN! On the Motor.!??? Not since the begginning of Time, seen Have I, an Electric KA Fan ATTACHED to the Motor.
On the Rad, yes>>>> Motor, NO..
Clarify Please
who are you?
you should tell us more about the noise, when it started, and when it happens, it may just be a vaccum line you forgot to connect...

#4 ·
When I posted about FMIC, Joel pointed out that the little fan (I thought it was an auxilliary fan) on the front passenger side of the radiator is an A/C fan. Since I had removed my A/C compressor anyways, I could just toss the fan, which I did. Although I doubt that's what's making your noise, if you don't have A/C, just throw the fan away. Your car will look cleaner anyways.

#5 ·
dragR240sx said:
I have a ka24det motor and one of the first things i notice was this weard vacume sound.
Seeing how he said he has a KA24DET Motor... Im gonna assume he upgraded to electric fans and dumped the clutch fan. Am I correct dragR240sx?

#6 ·
No, that can't be true. He can't be talking about that, because why the hell would he want to REMOVE the primary fan(s)? He's talking about the A/C fan, the only fan he would want to remove, and that's why he asked if it would affect his car in any way.

#7 ·
If thats the case then just toss it! Who needs A/C anyways....

#8 ·
Alright guys sorry for not being so specific.

When i turn on my car and is cold i rev and it makes a nise sound especially because i put in a cone it..... sounds sweet. Well, just a couple of seconds later the vacume sound comes on. I've openedmy hood and had my freind do it. When i saw the motor it sound like it came from the fan on the back of the radiator. Thats the fan i was talking about "sorry about that." Well i dont know what it really is but it came from that area. Well thats what it is. So does any one have that problem to or not.

thanx for any postings
-ALEX

#11 ·
dragR240sx said:
oh and on a side note....
where is the clutch fan?
Do you mean 'fan clutch?' Most RWD motors (parallel mount) use hydrostatic fan clutches to reduce the load on the motor from the fan during startup. They're really cool devices, visco-chemically speaking... But the fan clutch is the vented saucer-like device between the radiator fan and the water pump. Do you think yours is blown?

#13 ·
sorry about thread jacking!!! but what do i need to beable to remove my stock cooling fan (on the motor)? i've seen things on other web sites that kick a replacement fan on at a certain temp... is this the solution or is there a easier way of doing it? without having the fan hooked up to a switch that you turn on everytime you start the car (so ghetto). thanks in advance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.