Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that I need to have the rotors replaced every 9,000 miles on my 2004 titan. I too have the same problems with the brakes. - shaking badly when i apply the brakes. This is going to be my second trip to the dealer to have the brakes repaired and it's really getting to be a pain in the you know what. I have been searching for after-market rotors, I've been thinking if I put slotted rotors on it, will it solve the problem?? I seriously believe the rotors are too small for the size of the tires and rims.

·
Not Anymore.
5,014 Posts
I think under warranty and especially lemon law you are entitled to some benefits. Some states are very strict when it comes to brake problems.

As far as aftermarket, NPM changed their Titan's brake pads to Carbotech Bobcats and were very satisfied. I personally run these pads and I am delighted with them. They are relaitvely inexpensive, have good initial bite, excellent fade resistance, are quiet and are very rotor friendly.

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/december04/titan/

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
There are a couple aftermarket companies that supply big brake kits for the Titan but of course you will pay plenty for them. Supposedly Nissan will issue a recall in April in which they will swap out the calipers and rotors to a larger size.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Nissan is coming out with a fix for this. Several guys

on some other forums have already been told this by their service managers. One guy was even shown the part numbers for the fix. I think he said there would be a TSB within a couple of months.

Steve V.

·
Registered
7 Posts
brakes

Steve V. said:
on some other forums have already been told this by their service managers. One guy was even shown the part numbers for the fix. I think he said there would be a TSB within a couple of months.

Steve V.
Had mine fixed twice already only have 19500 miles on truck some serious issues of expense per year on this truck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rlsuzara said:
It seems that I need to have the rotors replaced every 9,000 miles on my 2004 titan. I too have the same problems with the brakes. - shaking badly when i apply the brakes. This is going to be my second trip to the dealer to have the brakes repaired and it's really getting to be a pain in the you know what. I have been searching for after-market rotors, I've been thinking if I put slotted rotors on it, will it solve the problem?? I seriously believe the rotors are too small for the size of the tires and rims.
The new rotors that Nissan made *should* fix the problem. They tried to fix the issue quickly it seems, but didn't do a very good job. I think it took some time to redesign the rotor, get them made, and ship them out to dealers.
- Nealio

1 - 6 of 6 Posts